Status
Not open for further replies.

amjonathan

Amped Media Inc.
Aug 27, 2007
Florida
www.ampedmedia.com
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to put a little note out there. I read a post a bit back about the celebrity voting. The user would vote if a Celeb was Hot, and was pushed to a Zip Submit. I thought It was a good idea, and tried it out.

It made a few bucks, but once they noticed how I was marketing their ads, it was shut down, needless to say I took a loss. Those that are still running this strategy, beware.

Im not gonna name which Network Canned it... (*Cough ClickBooth Cough*).

Although I did bring it up to my Affiliate manager while it was running, she never gave me the STOP DOING THIS alert. She said, "be careful".

I talked with a few networks, and some will Allow this method of marketing.

-Jonathan

Why would an affiliate network be pissed about that? I don't get it. Do they think it's incentivized marketing or something?

Well... They call it Misleading! The user might think that the ZIP Sub is part of the survey. But people are so dumb, they could be thinking anything.

From the inside I heard that this is a problem for the advertiser. People using this method of advertising. They are trying to squash it now. You cant blame them.. they are clearly not making ANY money off it.

But, its not INCENT... And it DID NOT violate any of the Campiagn Terms... They should have paid up. The bastards.

Yeah, if they really want to squash it, they should change their terms.

By the way, you spelled competitive wrong in your signature.

I read a report a little while back by Jeremy Estes that detailed how to make money this way. Seems like it would work on paper, and it has worked for him. I think it just takes getting used to, and getting a "sixth sense" about what works and what doesn't. Breaking news will work for day, if that, and then it's not viable, you've got to move on.

No, thank god. I didn’t get terminated by ClickBooth, although I could have.

I believe with my history and the aid of my affiliate manager, I was able to stay on with ClickBooth. This was the first time I had attempted this type of marketing, and even though I tried to make the pages as “Legal” as possible, the advertiser did not like the shady method of marketing.

The industry is certainly changing, and we all need to resort to a more reparable marketing strategy. To keep our butts out of trouble, and to keep the advertisers up and running. Hey, they pay us!

I just saw a page with the Celebrity Strategy on there yesterday. Search for Britney Spears Pictures, I’m sure you will find it. Click on the see more pictures link, get a lovely shot of Ms. Spears. Oh, and he is actually telling the user to click the BACK button after entering the ZIP… I didn’t do anything close to this shady. If you are out the Britney Guy, I would stop and hope they don’t yank your commissions.

Hi Jonathan,

I got terminated by clickbooth using the news method. Anyone know a good attorney in sarasota county, florida? Any legal action has been done in Sarasota County according to Clickbooth 's publisher agreement.

Please pm me the name of the attorney. Thanks

From what I understand, the publisher agreement is very tight… they have really tried to cover their ass. Here are some small excerpts from their TOS:

Cannot offer incentives to users to click on ads unless otherwise specified in the campaign description ; incentives include but are not limited to awarding them cash, points, prizes, contest entries, etc. (I did not)

If Affiliate defrauds the system, then payment is revoked as determined solely by Clickbooth.

I would have to speak with a lawyer.

Well, Clickbooth raised the payout on the offer from 1.25 to 1.75. I take the raised payout as an approval for the campaign. I spent more money on the campaign because of clickbooth's actions. My affiliate rep did it voluntarily because of the amount of traffic I was sending. After I spent thousands of dollars on adwords, clickbooth then terminates my account without any warning at all? Also they haven't even paid me for my October earnings because their compliance department is trying to ways to determine that traffic to be fraudulent too (and those earnings were totally different campaigns).

Status
Not open for further replies.