Canadians (and other non-USers) - How Do You Test Offers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookshot

Apr 28, 2008
Being Canadian, I always get the "this offer is not available in your area". I assume the way to get around this is by using a proxy, but I can't find any that actually register my clicks.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Get some shared hosting in the us for like 5 bucks and you can then probably proxy through that

Get some shared hosting in the us for like 5 bucks and you can then probably proxy through that

Exactly...

Here's what I do:

1. Search around for Dreamhost discount codes, you should be able to find one that get's you 1 year of hosting for like 10 to 20 bucks (yes, per year!)

2. Once you've got it, setup an ssh user

3. whip open a cmd line on your computer and type:
ssh -ND 9999 [user]@[server].dreamhost.com
[enter password]

your cmd prompt should just hang... this is normal, let it do this....

4. in firefox -> preferences -> advanced -> network -> settings & select Manual proxy configuration

for 'SOCKS Host' enter: localhost 9999

5. and wha-la! your tunneling through a la-brea California ip addy, all U.S. based aff offers will show up for you...

[enter password]
4. in firefox -> preferences -> advanced -> network -> settings & select Manual proxy configuration

This is what I use. All you need is ssh access to any hosting provider, and you have a proxy via whatever country their data center is based in.

Exactly...

Here's what I do:

1. Search around for Dreamhost discount codes, you should be able to find one that get's you 1 year of hosting for like 10 to 20 bucks (yes, per year!)

2. Once you've got it, setup an ssh user

[enter password]

your cmd prompt should just hang... this is normal, let it do this....

5. and wha-la! your tunneling through a la-brea California ip addy, all U.S. based aff offers will show up for you...

You rock! This is way better than Hotspot Shield.

Now I've probably done something retarded, but when I try that command line, I get an error: ssh is not recognizable as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Does anyone know what I've done wrong?

Now I've probably done something retarded, but when I try that command line, I get an error: ssh is not recognizable as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Does anyone know what I've done wrong?

You need putty. Install, define your server, connect and run the above command.

Status
Not open for further replies.