Can you upload music videos to youtube and put adsense on them?

mikepaxston

Jan 18, 2012
Houston
I see alot of music videos on youtube with copywrited music, on private accounts, and they are running adsense ads....

Some are the full original music videos, while others are the songs with lyrics added on photo's.

What are the rules / laws on this, does anyone know?

Flagging copyrighted material is partially automated. The videos that get flagged, sometimes they don't take them down, but instead show ads, which I'm guessing will benefit the copyright holder.

Flagging copyrighted material is partially automated. The videos that get flagged, sometimes they don't take them down, but instead show ads, which I'm guessing will benefit the copyright holder.

I think this is exactly what happens. The record companies allow these private accounts to upload the Music Videos, but they keep all the ad revenue. It makes sense on their part. Why would they ask YouTube to remove a video of theirs if there is 100K+ views, instead they tell YouTube that it's their property and they deserve the ad revenue.

ALL I DO is watch Hulu Plus all day long, tons of shows. But I hit "record" on every commercial, and then upload it to Youtube while the show is on. Then by the next commercial break I'm going again. You gotta peel back the onion layers. I have advertisements on advertisements. Soon, I'll have advertisements on advertisements on advertisements. My hoes got hoes, son.

Note: Every single illegally uploaded song or video on YouTube beats their aglo because they slow or speed it down just a bit. (Play the original and the ripped one, big difference). Also if you add in a 2-3 intro or black screen ending, you won't ever have the algo take it out.. Also make sure you rename the video file itself. Someone has to manually flag it.

Also if this is your "idea" to make money, log the fuck off the computer now..

You should check those accounts back in a few months and see if they're still up.

Sometimes videos with no copyrighted material at all get auto rejected for monetization, while some other videos like the one you mention are working just fine with adsense on them, the fact is that such accounts, sooner or later, get a copyright claim, and make the channel useless for any youtube network that you want to partner with.