Can you help Google remove a competitor's missing links?

sixthcutuan

Peculiar Member
Apr 18, 2011
Scotland
Hey.

Im current trying to rank first against a website that has 3.5k backlinks with several high PR ones showing up. I did a check with scrapebox on about 2.5k of their backlinks and the remaining links were literally single figures.

Im thinking, with enough pinging / Rapid Indexing / linklicious to get them noticed, could Google drop their backlink count?

Thanks for any help in advance.

So you have scrapebox.
You know where their links are.

Yet rather than trying to just place your link at the same place... you'd rather try your best to get google to NOTICE their links?

MFW.

Thanks for the reply. They arn't blog comments on a whole however. For instance, Google says that they have a backlink from the homepage of webhostingtalk (PR7), which they do not.

These links are links that Google has already noticed, but are now gone. Google has not noticed them disappearing and therefore, I would like to alert Google to this fact. (Being a good citizen and all).

Gotcha.
A PR7 website - Google is crawling it enough.

If that link doesn't disappear in a couple days makes me think there is some other trickery going on here - cloaking etc.

PR0 sites? Maybe ping them if you don't want to wait 2 weeks for Google to get sorted out. Post-Caffeine update it shouldn't take too long.

Great thanks, a useful post. It could really help me get that number one ranking. I could save a lot of time linkbuilding by just getting my competitors links to go away.

Thanks.

Six, I bet you are from eastern europe.

Anyway, could you tell us the board keywords you are trying to rank for? (I think I have a hunch).

Anyway, good job at destroying what your competition has rather then building a power and authoritative website.

The technique you are using is short term. Why?
Because, lets say you will get the rank you are looking for my studying the links of this competitor and removing them (thus saving you building more links). But after a few months you notice an other competitor building links frivolously and surpasses you because you decide is better to pick on your competitors links rather then outmatching him...