Can Someone Please Help Me?

Human

X
Nov 24, 2009
First time hosting, first time using FTP/PHP all that shit, so I'm lost.

Using ZenSix.

Uploading SMF forum software.

Uploaded through CyberDuck.

Created folder called Forum.

Next step on installation is: After uploading the files, go to http://www.yourdomain.tfl/smf/install.php (or the directory name you choose).

Can't do that...

Maybe PHP problems?

Went here: Server Requirements

Got confused... How do I get to the installer?

Please help me out guys. Thanks so much!

Getting 404 Errors like a motherfucker all up in here. Hide yo kids, hide yo wives.

Try reading a book or using google.

If you can't figure this one out on your own then you're fucked.

If you have cpanel look for fantastico or if using direct admin panel look for installatron and use the automatic installer to install SMF. However, installing SMF or any script pretty much is very easy.
Dumb question, Did you try going to yourdomain . com/forum/install.php ?

Reactions: Human
If you have cpanel look for fantastico or if using direct admin panel look for installatron and use the automatic installer to install SMF. However, installing SMF or any script pretty much is very easy.
Dumb question, Did you try going to yourdomain . com/forum/install.php ?

Yeah, went there, 404'd. Moved it elsewhere, tried again, 404'd.

Tried looking in Softaculous for the account. Opened up a whole new world of mindfuck.

Thanks for the repsonse! For real.

1) this is the general forum not the noob forum.

2) when you say "Getting 404 Errors like a motherfucker all up in here. Hide yo kids, hide yo wives." you just sound like an idiot.

3) try writing a detailed post that explains exactly where you uploaded the files, verify that you've done so correctly and tell us the path where they're located, then tell us the url you visited to try to get to the installer, then tell us what the output was. and replace your domain with "imanoob.com" in file paths/urls in the post. then i'll help you.

EDIT: folders and filenames are case sensitive, so if you created a folder called Forum then you must use a capital "F" when you type in the URL to get to the installer.

1) this is the general forum not the noob forum.

2) when you say "Getting 404 Errors like a motherfucker all up in here. Hide yo kids, hide yo wives." you just sound like an idiot.

3) try writing a detailed post that explains exactly where you uploaded the files, verify that you've done so correctly and tell us the path where they're located, then tell us the url you visited to try to get to the installer, then tell us what the output was. and replace your domain with "imanoob.com" in file paths/urls in the post. then i'll help you.

EDIT: folders and filenames are case sensitive, so if you created a folder called Forum then you must use a capital "F" when you type in the URL to get to the installer.

Who are you again?

Could have been the directory not being capitalized or some shit or permissions on the folder. Are you using Host Gator or some other host? You can install those scripts way way easier by using Fantastico or some shit if you're a newb and don't want to fuck with FTP...

Could have been the directory not being capitalized or some shit or permissions on the folder. Are you using Host Gator or some other host? You can install those scripts way way easier by using Fantastico or some shit if you're a newb and don't want to fuck with FTP...

yeah but then you don't learn anything

glad you got it working, but you won't get any useful responses posting a thread like this in STS. try the programming or seo subforum next time.