Campaign Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

therookie

Cut to Black
Feb 5, 2008
Minnesota
So, I had an idea for a campaign but I need a little input first. Basically, long story short - in my are ( 3 state area) there was a smaller cell phone company that was bought out by one of the Big 5. Pretty much everyone I talk to hates the fact the company was bought out and hates everything that has to do with the new one.

Using this hatred I could make a poll type question (do you like the original company "A" or the new company "B" better) I could phrase this multiple ways, but you get the idea. For your participation you could win "a prize".

I was thinking of Facebook first because of the demographics, but they don't allow ringtone offers (which I thought would fit in best). Any other ideas for offers that would work with this?

Well that was an idea I had, but I heard FB didn't approve of those either and I don't really want to get into cloaking on my first ppc campaign. I was just looking for some input on what everyone thought would work for this type of campaign.

I think capitalizing on the subconscious awareness of this recent buyout with an alternative campaign focusing on the recent uproar concerning the abolition of the use of cell phones in New Jersey while operating a vehicle would work well.

Split test two ads -

1. Target just your 3 state area concerning the A/B of which company you like better.

2. Target New Jersey only. A recent law went into effect which allows police to pull over drivers calling/texting. You may find a more interested public with this offer because human beings are very interested in doing whatever they want, regardless of potential danger.

Whatever offer you use is your choice, just keep it relevant...GL.

I think capitalizing on the subconscious awareness of this recent buyout with an alternative campaign focusing on the recent uproar concerning the abolition of the use of cell phones in New Jersey while operating a vehicle would work well.

Split test two ads -

1. Target just your 3 state area concerning the A/B of which company you like better.

2. Target New Jersey only. A recent law went into effect which allows police to pull over drivers calling/texting. You may find a more interested public with this offer because human beings are very interested in doing whatever they want, regardless of potential danger.

Whatever offer you use is your choice, just keep it relevant...GL.

Thanks for the advice they both sound great. The only problem with number 2 is the buyout was in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa. But, I think you have a good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.