Calling all microsoft word gurus

mpbiz

Apr 29, 2010
I can't for the life of me get this to work. I have a word document that is already split down the middle using 2 columns. My problem is that on the right side column, there is a specific list/paragraph that I need to seperate using 2 columns as well.

So because I already split the entire document down the middle and made it two columns, now when I go to try and re-split some of the text in one of these columns it wont do it.

Here's a visual of what I'm trying to do:

xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx xxxx xxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx

Any help is really appreciated cause I really have no clue how to pull this off. Thanks.

Start with a 2 column, 1 row table. Then nest another 2 column, 1 row table. Then set the borders and shading to none in the table properties.

zXeSx.png

Reactions: mpbiz
++rep thank you.

Start with a 2 column, 1 row table. Then nest another 2 column, 1 row table. Then set the borders and shading to none in the table properties.

zXeSx.png

Google "Breaks" and click the little "paragraph" graphic to view breaks in the page. It's easy once you realize breaks work just like any other markup (like html). opening and closing, etc.

Breaks in Word 2007 – Page, Column, Text Wrapping and Section Breaks » Office 2007 / 2010 Help – The New Paperclip

And forget the dogshit David above me said, that's fucking stupid.