Calling all microsoft word gurus part 2

mpbiz

Apr 29, 2010
I've been fucking with this document in word for awhile now and all I'm trying to do is insert simple headers and footers that will align perfectly with each other.

At the top of each page I need: - Page 1 - and then at the bottom right of each page I need: (flip to page 2).

I tried some guides but they all led me nowhere. I keep running into the same problems:

1. I can achieve everything I need above but.... I'm working with a document that is set to landscape and so basically each "page" is really 2 pages next to each other seperated using the column tool.

I can't get word to recognize them as two seperate pages it only wants to place the footer/header on the far right.

2. The footers and headers keep showing up a very light grey color and I need them to just be regular black, exactly the same as any regular text I'd be typing.

Big thanks to anyone who can help me out.

Column divide the page into half (Obviously in LS). Set margins for each column. Now, insert the header/footer as you want onto individual columns. You should be good to go.

Column divide the page into half (Obviously in LS). Set margins for each column. Now, insert the header/footer as you want onto individual columns. You should be good to go.

Thanks, but everything you told me to do is what I have already been doing.

Still no luck and still looking for help.

I think there's an option to set a different "first page" so that you can start the numbering on the 2nd or 3rd (or whatever) page of a document. I wonder if you set that to a negative number if it would work? I don't have Word on this computer so I can't test. Good luck.

Edit: I looked it up and you can also have it start the counting with a number other than 1. Here are the instructions it gave:

1. Click in the section in which you want to change the starting page number.
  2. On the Insert menu, click Page Numbers.
  3. Click Format.
  4. In the Start at box, enter a number.
It's from this page: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/restart-or-continue-page-numbering-HP005230692.aspx

Good luck man.

Ok I thought I'd bump this one last time cause I only have one final problem and it's gonna be really easy for someone here to solve...

How do you make the headers different on each page of the document?

If I go down to pages 3 and 4, and type out a header of "page 3" and "page 4", then all of the sudden the headers for pages 1 and 2 change to having "page 3" and "page 4" also.

If anyone knows how to give each page its own header without the next one changing all of the previous pages to the same number/text that would be awesome I've been staring at word for too long now thanks.

Ok I thought I'd bump this one last time cause I only have one final problem and it's gonna be really easy for someone here to solve...

How do you make the headers different on each page of the document?

If I go down to pages 3 and 4, and type out a header of "page 3" and "page 4", then all of the sudden the headers for pages 1 and 2 change to having "page 3" and "page 4" also.

If anyone knows how to give each page its own header without the next one changing all of the previous pages to the same number/text that would be awesome I've been staring at word for too long now thanks.
You can do this with section breaks. This link probably explains it better than I can: Sections / Headers and Footers in Microsoft Word - a Tutorial in the Intermediate Users Guide to Microsoft Word (supplemented Legal Users' Guide to Microsoft Word)