Call Forwarding and Tracking

inthesun

Jun 9, 2009
I need to be able to track incoming calls and then forward them to a specific number.

For instance:

User dials special phone number -> this forwards to a different phone number

The callers that dial the "special phone number" are tracked and I can see what their phone number is and other information on them - perhaps how long the call lasted etc.

Is there any service like this? I've been looking around

Not sure if its mentioned in that thread, but if you ever need to do more than just forward calls, try Twilio. I've been working with their platform recently and love it. They allow you to develop simple apps around your calls without really needing any programming knowledge.

Kall8 is alright. It's cheap, but don't forget you also pay per minute while you're on the phone from your Kall8 number. To be honest, I don't know of any service that will just strictly forward a call without having you to pay per minute... or maybe I just don't understand how phones work. Maybe that's not even possible.

Who knows... I'd be interested to hear of a service that just strictly forwards a call to another number without having to pay per minute.

Who knows... I'd be interested to hear of a service that just strictly forwards a call to another number without having to pay per minute.

Did a lot of research on this back in the day and they were all pay per minute, most just included a set amount of minutes with the monthly fee and they had a larger per minute fee after that. I checked out 20+ companies and have used about 5 of them.

Twilio was the cheapest I found, 1c incoming and 2c outgoing, so 3c/minute for a forwarded call, and local numbers are only $1/month with no minimums on anything. Plus like a $30 credit when you sign up.

Not sure if its mentioned in that thread, but if you ever need to do more than just forward calls, try Twilio. I've been working with their platform recently and love it. They allow you to develop simple apps around your calls without really needing any programming knowledge.
A second vote for Twilio. It's really simple to do basic things like call forwarding and tracking (and cheap), but can be scaled up to do some pretty complex/cool shit - and even that is pretty easy.

inthesun, I have a really easy to use tool that can do this for you, plus more advanced features if you need them. Sent you a PM.