Building/Ranking our growing forum

goingviral101

Aug 22, 2010
Me and my partners have recently (2 weeks ago) launched a site:
Muscle Shred - Join The Fitness Revolution

(We own muscleshred.com too, and will redirect soon).

We also launched our forum two days ago:
Muscle Shred Forums

We've seen a surge in traffic to our Misc. section through word of mouth members urging members to join from other communities, but we just want to continue to accelerate and grow at a fast pace.

What are some suggestions you guys can offer to help blow this forum up even further. I mean, how can we continue to build our community presence through SEO? We have the funds to invest in paid ads, but we'd like to hear any suggestions you guys can offer up.

wait you launched that site 2 weeks ago and you got 1,499 people to join your forum in 2 days?

I just did a google search because at first i thought you had one hell of a forum posting company working for you, but it turns out your getting your traffic from bodybuilding forums. from a thread i came across its mostly people who were banned from there or something.

At first I thought this was gonna be as simple as saying forget about it and move on because you can't compete with bodybuilding.com, but since you have an influx of members already from bodybuilding.com you might actually stand a chance at building something out of this.

judging from your forum it looks like nobody is really interested in the bodybuilding stuff and just want a forum to dick around. I'd say just cater to their needs and hope that they stick around. If you don't know how to do SEO work id suggest hiring someone who does who can start working on asap while you got all this active traffic to keep people interested in sticking around. The hardest part about getting a forum to take off is having active people so your already halfway there.

Also throw up a suggestion forum and cater to their needs. They can leave just as fast as they came so give them a reason to stick around.