Budget: $300. Goal: $100/day. Is it possible?

Ar Scion

Oct 27, 2009
I started out at $0 when I joined WickedFire. Today I have $300 in the bank. I read like a bookworm, wrote articles like a madman, picked a method (polls), used the PPC-Coach $1 promo. I feel like I'm ready.

But I'm taking a risk. My $300 is all I have for six months. If I lose it, I'm fucked. So here are my questions:

1) Is my $300 budget big enough?
2) Can I hit $100/day in one month with polls?
3) How can I minimize risk/maximize reward with ad budgeting?
4) What do you think of this technique?
Launch at least one general poll topic per day (3-4 polls on the same topic, but with different questions)
Assign one email submit offer to each poll (3-4 different offers)
Set a very small campaign budget ($10 each poll)
Launch on content network only
Set CPC at a low level (right now I am using .10 to start)
Watch very carefully and PAUSE your campaigns after approx 30 clicks.
What to do after 30 clicks?
Assess each poll individually. There are so many factors you need to assess. It sounds like a lot now, but once you get the hang of this, it becomes second nature. Practice is the key!
Initially, in this early stage, you are looking for – an offer that converts (above 10%), a high ad CTR (above .20), a low CPC (below .10), and high impressions.
If you have all of this criteria met – you should have made a profit. Let that poll run – set a higher campaign budget and enjoy your earnings!

What do you think?

$300 is all you have for 6 months? How about writing articles for people while you test? Spend what you make, keep that $300 there.

I wanna risk it, niggas! Nobody achieves anything without taking a risk! But I wan't it calculated- minimized risk, maximized reward.

Are you guys saying I can't make my $300 back by the end of the month?

You're a fucking idiot. Go get a day job to get you by for the next 6 months. Work on whatever method you choose during your time off.

Thanks for the captain obvious solution.

It's not an option for me because I'm in school full-time.

Do NOT use your living money for IM. The added pressure it causes and your constant need to take funds out of your investment just to support EATING means you will never make it.

Do NOT use your living money for IM. The added pressure it causes and your constant need to take funds out of your investment just to support EATING means you will never make it.

It's not food money. I got food, clothing, room and board everything taken care of. This is what's left over.

If I waste this money I'm not buying pizza or mp3s for six months. I won't starve.

Appears You already know the answer to your question, Why is it that people come here ask a question and then rebuttal every peace of advise given?

1) NO there never a budget big enough this should be unlimited but 300 will get you started
2) Yes, but statistically you will not, but yes it is possible. You are however almost guaranteed to run out of your $300 budget before doing this
3) Testing
4) I think it's a Slap waiting to happen

Fuck it.... Dude, use EVERY fucking penny you have. Pawn off shit you don't use, and use that money to. If you don't make money, you'll learn a hell of a lot of shit.

No pizza or MP3's for 6 months. Wow. You need to sure fire method to "win". The crap shoot mentality will not work. Explore a profitable niche or an area of understanding that you already know.

Use all your free traffic sources first before getting into the PPC game.

Use all your free traffic sources first before getting into the PPC game.

This ^^^^.

I've thought about starting out with $500 bucks, but there is little room for improvement once you hit your budget. I think it would be so frustrating if you get a profitable campaign and doesn't have enough money to keep it running... That's why I'm swamped into the SEO mud.

And I totally understand your position right now, if it is money that won't make you starve or stress out about debt, then go for it. Unfortunately it turned out I needed my $500 in my wallet (health issues).

Good luck bro.

I wanna risk it, niggas! Nobody achieves anything without taking a risk! But I wan't it calculated- minimized risk, maximized reward.

Are you guys saying I can't make my $300 back by the end of the month?

Thanks for the captain obvious solution.

It's not an option for me because I'm in school full-time.

protip:

you can attract more flies with shit than honey......

I don't know anything about using Polls but if you'realready using SEO to generate traffic and have $300 to spend to drive more traffic, I think software to drive more traffic woul be a better investment than $300 in ads. I say this because my next $300 purchase will be Linkfarm Evolution. There are other free options for generating traffic but I'm not sure if I can mention them publically on this forum. IM me. (I'm not selling anything or profiting in any way, I just don't want to violate any rules.)

This ^^^^.

I've thought about starting out with $500 bucks, but there is little room for improvement once you hit your budget. I think it would be so frustrating if you get a profitable campaign and doesn't have enough money to keep it running... That's why I'm swamped into the SEO mud.

And I totally understand your position right now, if it is money that won't make you starve or stress out about debt, then go for it. Unfortunately it turned out I needed my $500 in my wallet (health issues).

Good luck bro.

Thanks. It's a tough call for me because I've spent so much time reading and learning, sitting on the sidelines.

I'm gonna finish writing my articles and try and do 30DC or bum marketing. Good luck to ya.

Thanks for everybody who responded. Yes, even the flamers.