Bought a great domain now what?

pattyflory

Nov 27, 2008
I registered BuySidekick.com and now I'm wondering what to do with it. I'm debating on building it out but I also just listed it for sale here on WF.

The keyword gets tons of searches according to Google Keyword tool but do you really think I have a chance of being number one of Google for the keyword 'buy sidekick'?

"buy sidekick" shows 390 monthly global exact match searches, so I wouldn't get too excited for just that phrase.

an-hero-2.jpg

You can try to do SEO for it and find some related offer for it.
If the offer does not convert well.
You can try to park it. As i know, above.com is a good place to make money with your traffic if you do not know how to monetize it.
So the point is: you should get traffic for your domain first!

Quick related question: how much could you earn on a keyword with 390 exact searches per month if the keyword has a CPC of $3?

Does that mean that a good monetizer could potentially earn 390 X 40% x $3 = $468 per month if no.1 spot can be achieved? (using CPC as an estimate for the value of a visitor)

Your domain sucks, not relevant to anything unless a really popular product called 'sidekick' comes out.
Next time do more research before buying a domain, try to get into a niche that already exists.

Reactions: cougarclaws
There's a 4g smartphone called sidekick. Local searches for exact "buy sidekick" is 140 though - POS keyword as local searches is what really counts for physical products. CPC is $1.54 for US exact match, which assuming decent monetization theoretically means that the keyword is worth 140 X 40% X $1.54 = a mouth-watering $86.24 per month at top spot. Possibly even more.

Truly a thread-worthy domain.

You can try to do SEO for it and find some related offer for it.
If the offer does not convert well.
You can try to park it. As i know, above.com is a good place to make money with your traffic if you do not know how to monetize it.
So the point is: you should get traffic for your domain first!

I can't stand you.

There's a 4g smartphone called sidekick. Local searches for exact "buy sidekick" is 140 though - POS keyword as local searches is what really counts for physical products. CPC is $1.54 for US exact match, which assuming decent monetization theoretically means that the keyword is worth 140 X 40% X $1.54 = a mouth-watering $86.24 per month at top spot. Possibly even more.

Truly a thread-worthy domain.

Assuming you aren't trolling, which it doesn't appear so since you're just making yourself look like an idiot:

Oh yeah real mouth watering.

1. You're not accounting for the CTR on your ads
2. You're not accounting for the cut google takes
3. You're probably not going to pull in 40% in #1 slot on that SERP. Flooded with advertisers / authorities and some shopping images but I'll leave it anyways to compensate for Bing / other search engine traffic.

When you take that into consideration.. it equals:

Mcd_Mcdouble.jpg

Mcd_Mcdouble.jpg

Mcd_Mcdouble.jpg

3 mouthwatering McDoubles. MMMMM

Reactions: iPwnNoobs
oh man, this really is the best domain u could buy. I think you've spent a fortune on it. Don't sell it for less than 1000$