Bought a 15 year old domain, can I revive its content?

e-Hustler
Dec 5, 2009
Calgary, AB
So I just snatched this 15 year old domain through NameJet, and I checked it on archive.org, turns out I have full access to over 100 pages of great-quality content from when it was first launched in 1998. This site used to be like a wiki-type of site where they described various terms and techniques. (in a specific niche)

Question is: can I go necromancer-mode on that content, or can that get me in deep trouble?

I'd just do it, perhaps refresh the info and make it unique if possible

You say the articles were there in 1998, did they remain there? what do the other archive.org snapshots reveal? Even less to worry about if they were removed at some stage in its life etc.

I agree and say rip the fuck out of the content, perhaps rewrite if necessary - I always thought the wayback machine was designed to give us free content on expired domains! lol

Yes, the previous owner still has copyrights to that content if it is all original and can make you remove it.

You can revive it because as of now you own the site...But you can keep the copy of the old content so that whenever asked you can give it to them...!