Borat:: Fortunate enough to see the Borat movie last night....(no spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proof

Oct 8, 2006
So I get a call from a friend. He has tickets to a special screening of the movie. Me being a huge Ali G HBO show fan of course I had to drop everything and go...and I mean everything. I was in the middle of doing a front page over for a special client of mine....800 lines neck deep in as of yet uncommented CSS. I knew if I left I would come back completely lost...so I decided to go anyways.

We get to the theater and what do you know...a metal detector and pat down at the door. Those with cell phones were turned away, luckily I never bring my cell phone out with me...just business cards with my voicemail number on it. So my boy had to go back to the car and return his cell phone. We finally got in 10 minutes before the screening started. I don't know who gave the 3 kids behind us tickets because they were annoying as fuck. I was 2 seconds away from saying something....seriously...i think i'm till mad about it.

The movie started right away. No previews, no invitations to buy snacks, no warnings to stay quiet or what to do in case of an emergency.

I had previously viewed the first 4 minutes on YouTube.com...so I thought thats how the movie would start out. I was wrong....add another 5 minutes on top of that and you have one of the funniest movie openings in the history of movies. Seriously...

The movie is so funny that you will probaly miss at least 25% of the jokes due to the laughter drowning out the sound. It is non stop...most movies do not live up to the hype but this movie definately does. Those who are easily offended do not go see this movie...especially if you're jewish...there is one scene in particular involving a bed and breakfast....well you just have to see.

I'm still laughing 17 hours later.

Damn, I can't wait to download it from the newsgroups. The best solution to eliminate any possibility of annoying kids behind you.

Damn, I can't wait to download it from the newsgroups. The best solution to eliminate any possibility of annoying kids behind you.

If you do definately make an effort to catch it at least once with a huge audience. People were having convulsions in there...good ones.

This is the kind of movie that is great to see in theaters. Everyone else laughing makes it that much more funny. Bonus for sitting around someone who has a crazy contagious laugh :)

A couple of scenes in the previews/trailers didn't make the movie. But only one or two and I doubt anyone will notice.

Awesome, I am looking forward to it. Sasha is a fucking good actor. Find the clip of Borat on Conan o'Brian, non-stop humor during the entire thing.

We're not getting the previews until next Thursday but I can't wait for it. Cohen is the funniest man on TV, how he keeps his face straight while doing Borat I'll never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.