Boracay island, Philippines

Dresden14

Haters gonna H88
Sep 24, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Anyone been there? Know of a better spot near manilla ?

Need to gtfo and go on vaca.... Never been here and I'm sure some of you bastids have been... Post away

It's nice. It's a honeymoon sort of place mostly for koreans and japanese. It's not very developed and the beach is certainly world class. The usual activities including diving.

The sand to make the Boracay beach is taken from Bohol, no joke. Bohol can be better, less street scum.

Palawan is nicer in general, but checkout Amanpulo, it's where the Pinoy movie stars like to hang out, but there isn't much of a party environment there.

I would probably fly into Cebu, stay at the Shangri-la for a night, then fly over Caticlan and take the boat to Boracay (don't do the other airport, fucken sucks sitting on a bus for an hour.) Then check out Palawan and Amanpulo, whichecher you can fly to easier. Consider some Bohol somewhere in there too.

Manila is a shithole. Fly into Clark rather than Manila if you can. If you stay in Clark for a night, check out the walking street.

It's nice. It's a honeymoon sort of place mostly for koreans and japanese. It's not very developed and the beach is certainly world class. The usual activities including diving.

Not sure why Koreans or Japs would go there for honeymoons. Being harassed constantly by boat guys and hookers, isn't exactly honeymoon material.

They have diving, snorkeling, jet skis, motorcycle hire (limited), shitty boats, para-sailing, golf, hookers, trannies, the hobbit hole (midgets serve you drinks) and the 15 shot challenge.

If you ever want to learn to kite surf, there is a pro kite surfer living on the island. He teaches down on station 2 (from memory).

If you wanna go to Boracay, better go there via Hong Kong because they have direct flights to Caticlan airport or Kalibo airport. Avoid that shithole called Manila. LOL

Been to Boracay last year and it was an awesome experience.

The sand to make the Boracay beach is taken from Bohol, no joke. Bohol can be better, less street scum.

Nah..I'm from Bohol and I went to Boracay last year and I can say that Boracay is loads better than Bohol beaches! There's not much fun and entertainment in Bohol unless you wanna go touring around the place to visit the Chocolate Hills, etc. Boracay has the best beaches at the moment but Bohol is trying to catch up.

If you wanna go to Boracay, better go there via Hong Kong because they have direct flights to Caticlan airport or Kalibo airport. Avoid that shithole called Manila. LOL

Been to Boracay last year and it was an awesome experience.

Bingo, Manila is shit.

Why on earth would you fly into Kalibo, though? Sitting on a bus for an hour, vs taking a trike for a few minutes... Caticlan should be an easy choice.

Nah..I'm from Bohol and I went to Boracay last year and I can say that Boracay is loads better than Bohol beaches! There's not much fun and entertainment in Bohol unless you wanna go touring around the place to visit the Chocolate Hills, etc. Boracay has the best beaches at the moment but Bohol is trying to catch up.

Best Pinoy beach is on Amanpulo, hands down.

Amanpulo-Resort-Philippines-8-1024x767.jpg

They have diving, snorkeling, jet skis, motorcycle hire (limited), shitty boats, para-sailing, golf, hookers, trannies, the hobbit hole (midgets serve you drinks) and the 15 shot challenge.

So trannies and drink serving midgets are more common than motorcycles? Sounds like wickedfire heaven.

I used to live there, great island. Forget about other places, Boracay is all you need. Stay at the north of White Beach (Station 1). If you can afford it get a jacuzzi suite at Discovery Shores (or La Residencia has lower prices in same area). If you are into sport/activities take a course learning kiteboarding on the back beach Bulabog. There are plenty of scuba diving shops so I assume there are some good dive sites. Do a day boat trip around the island. Enjoy the sunsets every night with a cold beer or cocktail on one of the many beachfront bars/restaurants. Plenty of good food options (avoid cheap buffets). I'm not a big nightlife person but the best parties are the full moon ones at jungle bar. Other islands have nice beaches but lack the infrastructure, so they can get dull after a while. If you choose the right hotel on Boracay you can avoid the crowds.

Borocay is cool the first time, has everything you need. Shawarma's, couple of andok's and the hobbit house...

Borocay is like the cancun of phillipines. If you are looking to party head there. If you are looking to get away from everything go check out el nido. bus ride up is not much fun but you can rent your own private van and just chill for the 5-6 hours it takes. Much nicer and more relaxing than borocay.

Boracay is one of the best places in the Philippines. It is one of the country's renowned places. Many people go there to have fun and forget all the stress. The beach is good. People are great. Parties are best. If you want to have some relaxation, this place is one of the place you should go.