Blekko Bans 1.1 Million Spammy Domains Via New Algorithm

I wonder if Google will "make algorithm changes" then "verify" their "findings" against this data. Of course, nothing manual, all algorithmic.

Cuil was devised by former Google employees, they raised millions from venture capital firms and look what happened to them. Fuck off Blekko!! Same thing will happen to you.

Cuil was devised by former Google employees, they raised millions from venture capital firms and look what happened to them. Fuck off Blekko!! Same thing will happen to you.

Unfortunately for a lot of us I think blekko is going to fare much better than Cuil did. Cuil provided shitty search results and blekko doesn't.

I only checked a few SERPS and sites, but I did not see any sites with Adsense or 'typical' affiliate sites. The results were not that great though, not really what I would have been looking to find.

Unfortunately for a lot of us I think blekko is going to fare much better than Cuil did. Cuil provided shitty search results and blekko doesn't.

Piss off. First search I tried yielded the following results for the same keyword:

Buy nero 9 online, buy nero 9 uk, cheapest nero 9 reloaded - Kung Fu
Mya Hooka Forums
Press Release Distribution Services - EmailWire.Com
Contact Us - Friday, December 17th, 2010 - Production code administration
Watch Free streaming Central Coast vs Newcastle. SOCCER AUSTRALIA

What the fuck do any of those have in common? Blekko is shit.

Google wants you to pay for listings, not game the SERPs, so they'll change the algorithm likely.

Just checked and non of my well performing adsense sites came up in blekko. Will google follow suit? Granted blekko results are pretty crappy in general but google may decide to lift that one part of their algorithm that actually eliminates niche affiliate and adsense sites

Just checked and non of my well performing adsense sites came up in blekko. Will google follow suit? Granted blekko results are pretty crappy in general but google may decide to lift that one part of their algorithm that actually eliminates niche affiliate and adsense sites

You think if google would need to lift from sombody else's algo to figure out how to filter our sites with their own contextual network embedded in them? :ugone2far:

adsense sites are their bread and butter, they won't eliminate them in their serp.

Blekko last crawled one of my sites with 15,000 backlinks that's ranking well and getting good traffic in all other search engines...89 days ago. They showed the site having...14 backlinks.

Noble goals, far from extensive reach

no big deal for blekko to return results from the same 10000 (if not less) manually collected "trustworthy" domains for 99% queries
and this is how they heroically fight searchspam.

LMAO. My spammiest, shittiest site is #6 on page 1 for its main keyword.

And one of my least spammy/high quality/multiple year old websites isn't even found in their index!

I knew they were a joke right from the start. No idea why they get so much hype.