Blackberry aka Crackberry owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff_p

payperdickroll
Dec 29, 2008
Finally upgraded from the Curve to the Bold a few weeks ago.

What apps are you guys using?

Nice move on getting the bold. I have the following on my bold:

1. Viigo - an RSS reader
  2. AIM for Blackberry
  3. Google Talk
  4. PodTrapper - For downloading podcasts
  5. TwitterBerry - for twitter
  6. Google Sync - Syncs my google calendar with my BB
  7. Opera Mini - Best blackberry browser
  8. amAze GPS - Free turn by turn directions
  9. Google Maps
  10. Facebook App
  11. Instamapper - InstaMapper is a free service that allows you to track a person or vehicle online in real time using a GPS-enabled cell phone.
  12. GMail App

They don't sell Blackberry here so I have no clue but they actually call their phones Curve and Bold?! :D :D

Opera Mini
Market Simplified - for TDAmeritrade
Google Maps
Facebook
Beejive
Viigo

They don't sell Blackberry here so I have no clue but they actually call their phones Curve and Bold?! :D :D

Yes. There is a series like the Curve 83xx, Blackberry Bold 9000, etc.

I've been considering getting a Blackberry and can pickup a Curve for fairly cheap. Is it worthwhile? Don't really feel like dropping any more than $200 on a phone so the Bold is off the list. Any complaints about the Curve?

I've been considering getting a Blackberry and can pickup a Curve for fairly cheap. Is it worthwhile? Don't really feel like dropping any more than $200 on a phone so the Bold is off the list. Any complaints about the Curve?

The curve is a nice phone, except it doesn't come in 3g (if you have att, i don't know about other networks). If you're going to do a lot of web related stuff, you should just get a 3g blackberry, which is the bold, or the new curve which is coming out in a few months.

If you don't care about 3g, then go ahead with the curve..it's a very nice phone and I'm pretty sure you'll like it.

You know what they say....once you go black......berry.....you never go back!

are there any blackberrys (other then the storm) that render the web correctly? SImilar to the iphone?

I have a curve and I agree with RoyalRadande in that it's nice but it's also limited now that I see all the app's I could be using with the Bold.

Time to upgrade.

I picked up a Pearl 8100 for free. This is my first Blackberry. I'm going to upgrade to 4.5 this weekend, probably. Any hints, tips or snafu's to remember while I'm doing it?

I just picked up a Curve 8330 from Verizon for $30. Still getting acquainted with it but nice phone so far.

I picked up a Pearl 8100 for free. This is my first Blackberry. I'm going to upgrade to 4.5 this weekend, probably. Any hints, tips or snafu's to remember while I'm doing it?

You aren't really missing that much in 4.5. You can render "full html" emails, which 90% of the time doesn't render right and the browser is a little more improved. The downside to 4.5 is huge memory leaks. I have lost 6-8 mbs in a day and end up having to keep doing soft resets or battery pulls.

If you end up upgrading just back everything up with the desktop manager and update. It's really simple.

upgraded to the bold when it first came out, and ive been loving it ever since.

some apps i got:

im+ (for skype)
AIM
MSN
twitterberry
facebook
flycast
weathereye
viigo
flickr
googletalk

I just picked up the new Curve 8900 last week. Absolutely loving it so far.

Same as the bold but smaller/thinner, higher resolution screen (although slightly smaller), better camera (3.2 v 2.0). The only downside is that it's not 3G. It has wifi and I'm always around a network when doing data intensive tasks so it's not a problem for me at all. It also has twice the RAM of the Bold!

Status
Not open for further replies.