Bidding on trademarked terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

productionhead

Jul 14, 2007
Infinity
I have a special question for bidding on trademarked terms.

Anyone have experience on bidding on trademark A for company B, while the company that owns trademark A and company B are the same affiliate network? They both specialize in the same product.

Can you clarify your first question a little? I can't exactly figure out what you mean.

As for your second question, some affiliate programs give affiliates permission to bid on trademarked terms. Others give select affiliates permission to bid on TM terms. Still others prohibit all trademarked bidding & use of trademarks. Policies differ completely from merchant to merchant.

Can you clarify your first question a little? I can't exactly figure out what you mean.

As for your second question, some affiliate programs give affiliates permission to bid on trademarked terms. Others give select affiliates permission to bid on TM terms. Still others prohibit all trademarked bidding & use of trademarks. Policies differ completely from merchant to merchant.

What I mean is, would a network startproblems if I bid on the trademarked terms of competing merchants?

What is the best way to direct link when there is no landing page available yet?

(Legit landing page - > switch to direct link via redirect when the ad is approved in adwords)

This is because display URLs are not allowed by the aff.

Talk to yourself much?

To answer your first question (or your 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th post), I haven't had a problem from the affiliate network when doing that although I did hear back from my network that company B knew about my site and brought it up to the network.

bidding on competing trademarks can work but you need to have good ad text and make it make sense

Talk to yourself much?

To answer your first question (or your 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th post), I haven't had a problem from the affiliate network when doing that although I did hear back from my network that company B knew about my site and brought it up to the network.

lol sorry i was pretty high at that moment.

Now that I think about it, I did answer my own question

I don't think there's anything wrong with that. I've never done it myself but read of a lot of people on here who have done it.

Status
Not open for further replies.