Best Wordpress Shopping Cart Plugin Or 'Instant Site'?

tigertom

Too Proud
Apr 7, 2007
www.tigertom.com
Any suggestions on free or commercial 'Instant Site' softwares out there? Like maybe a Wordpress shopping cart plugin?

I've looked at the free stuff but I need something that looks pro right from the install. Suitable for a Mom and Pop business.

Thanks for any suggestions. Don't mind paying for the right software.

i use cubecart.. it costs like £50 to remove copyright on the standard version or about £150 for the pro version. I figure that if money is coming in they will spend more time developing / maintaining it etc.. Easy to template and use but can be frustrating to find documentation. As is the case with all stuff like this. Poor template choice aswell but easy to build on. Other than that ive looked at prestashop... never used it but looks great design wise 'off the bat'. wp-ecommerce is a nightmare.. wouldnt bother at all.... It seems most of the stuff out there is out of date now after WP V3. Have a bash with cubecart or prestashop!! good luck bro!!! :D

Thanks for replying.

Yes, I think I want to move away from grungy-looking plugins. I've seen services on eBay offering CMS-based sites for peanuts and I'm wondering what they're using.

I think it's probably a Wordpress customisation, but I dunno. I'm looking more for a total site rather than just a cart addon.

Give cubecart a shot.... You can get the copyrigted V3 for free. Prestashop is still pretty fresh on the market. There are loads of paid plugins etc for cubecart which helps... They can be a bit sketchy but i have used a few with no issues. The only Drawback is the shite themes but a little tweaking and u shud be ok.
Web shops on ebay.. could be anything. Probably very poor quality. This way you have full control over everything... It takes a bit of initiative to get things moving but most common issues are on the forums etc....
Hope this helps.

Dont start off with magento.. its is such a massive program.. u need a dedivated server just to run the basic version. I just deleted and old install with filezilla... that was at least half an hour ago and it is still going!! Yes that is deleted.. not uploaded... lol