Best web editor for win7?

Art72

Marketing Dope
Jan 4, 2011
Florida
I am currently using a free version of HTML-kit and honestly, not a big fan. Thinking of going with Coffee cup $49...any suggestions?

shit....this always happens. Start with exploring one idea, get feedback (choices) and then find another product that could solve all my problems...ok sum of them

Yes, i defo need some visual help for now. Dreamweaver's the bomb, but a bit pricy.

Now I just found XSitePro2 that seems a damn good solution 1/2 the cost of Dreamweaver, until I can learn more programming code, fuction, seo,etc...

*Ruled out Coffee Cup after reading about some issues.

if you don't need visual wysiwyg stuff, notepad++ is the shit

This.

Notepad++ is probably the best program I've ever downloaded. I use it to code PHP, to edit html, to open huge sql docs, ... in fact, I think I use it for just about everything except c# (Visual Studio for that) and actual writing.

Notepad++ is great, I highly recommend it when you get good enough to code by hand

I usually use Web Expressions because I had a student email address at my college so I could get it free via https://www.dreamspark.com/default.aspx, you can get most of the MS developer software there for free with a .edu email

Awesome!

Thanks, bookmarked dreamspark to fav's...cool site. If I can't cheat an .edu email, got a friend studying psychology that'll help. Notepad++ it is, and I got permission from the wife to buy Dreamweaver ($399 version)...chalk that up as a good night!

Honestly, I don't want to take the easy way out, need to know code in order to turn my marketing blueprint into a structured reality.

Thanks

Can I buy the non-profit/education version of Dreamweaver? (it's like 50% cheaper) but I dunno if that will fly if I'm building marketing websites?

Awesome!

Thanks, bookmarked dreamspark to fav's...cool site. If I can't cheat an .edu email, got a friend studying psychology that'll help. Notepad++ it is, and I got permission from the wife to buy Dreamweaver ($399 version)...chalk that up as a good night!

Honestly, I don't want to take the easy way out, need to know code in order to turn my marketing blueprint into a structured reality.

Thanks

dude, please torrent dreamweaver. By the time you've earned your money's worth by using it, you'll have dropped it for a real editor anyways. Dreamweaver is bloated as hell.

I always drop this link for people wanting to learn to code:

Updated: Who Needs University? The Best Nettuts+ Screencast Training Courses | Nettuts+

Honestly, I would recommend skipping dreamweaver and going straight to notepad++ unless you absolutely must use dreamweaver for some reason.

dude, please torrent dreamweaver. By the time you've earned your money's worth by using it, you'll have dropped it for a real editor anyways. Dreamweaver is bloated as hell.

I always drop this link for people wanting to learn to code:

Updated: Who Needs University? The Best Nettuts+ Screencast Training Courses | Nettuts+

Honestly, I would recommend skipping dreamweaver and going straight to notepad++ unless you absolutely must use dreamweaver for some reason.

yOu rOck...:drinkup: (read so much shit...my head's gonna explode!)

Between Nettuts and w3schools...i should be good 2 go. Thanks

Awesome!

Thanks

A lot of the awesome websites you see out there are coded in pretty basic environments. Obviously, programs like Photoshop are used to generate the graphics, but a basic HTML editor that color-codes your code is pretty much all you need to build a solid design, write CSS, and code your javascript and stuff.

Using something like Dreamweaver gets in the way of actually teaching you the code itself and you wind up relying on Dreamweaver's generators and shit to build you poorly-coded pages.

edit:

learning HTML and CSS can be daunting. Go to a free CSS template directory and download a template you like and start playing with it. Figure out how to remove / change the images, edit the background images in the CSS, change the link colors, write your own CSS classes, etc. You'll spend a lot of time googling for answers, but at the end of the day you'll wind up with a customized template you can actually use for something.

I would rule out XSitePro2 for being buggy as hell and the sites look real ugly and unprofessional. Rule out dreamweaver unless you have a few weeks to learn how to use it. Why don't you just use wordpress- easy, free and so many lovely plugins and -depends on what you want to do- invest in a nice theme like optimizepress and it won't even look like a blog.