Best way to monetize short video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tensegrity

Dec 14, 2007
Brooklyn
leadsmasher.com
I have an original video that I designed specifically for Metacafe (appeals to mass audience, short :50 sec long)) for their rewards program that I am planning on driving traffic to with Adbrite. Metacafe seriously cut back the $$ they pay out per 1,000 views from $5 to $2, so i'm wondering if it's still a good option.

Can anyone lend their experiences and if they've been profitable with Metacafe or other sites like Break/Revver/Infectious Videos, and what you would recommend?

Since this is my first time working with vids, i am also wondering if sending CPV traffic to these videos would be considered "fraudulent" to the hosting site as they are essentially part of a framed full screen ad...? Thanx!

dont you think it may be better to drive traffic FROM the video to a website instead of buying traffic TO the video?
IMO it could be much more profitable if you do like everyone else with good videos, plug your site link to youtube and drive them to a landing page or something...

Just my 2c.

dont you think it may be better to drive traffic FROM the video to a website instead of buying traffic TO the video?
IMO it could be much more profitable if you do like everyone else with good videos, plug your site link to youtube and drive them to a landing page or something...

Just my 2c.

Yes, i'll probably end up doing that as well. Still wanted to see what experiences anyone has had with these video sites....the CPV costs from adbrite are .001 per view, so i can essentially double my $$ with Metacafe which isn't a lot i know, but figured it's a relatively quick way to make some decent bank...

Let me get this straight. You want to be paid by Metacafe by generating many views to the video or you want to get some sales/leads with your video?

AFAIK adbrite only gurantees visitors and not that they will actually watch your video.
You'll only get a 100% ROI if all the visitors watch your video in full which will probably not be the case. If 50% decide to watch your video, then you'll break-even. With adbrite's traffic, i wouldn't be too hopeful..

Status
Not open for further replies.