Best Way To Managing Email On Multiple Domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkdrift

Jun 24, 2006
What is the best way to manage all the email from all my domains? I know this may sound newb, but I am just sick and tired of typing in "webmail.mydomain.com " and waiting for slow HORDE to load! it sucks!

I have an IMAP server set up on my personal server. I use a program called fetchmail to grab all the mail from each server every 15 minutes and another program called procmail to sort all the mail into folders. I can then check it with one login from anywhere by logging into my personal server.

theNOTO said:
I have an IMAP server set up on my personal server. I use a program called fetchmail to grab all the mail from each server every 15 minutes and another program called procmail to sort all the mail into folders. I can then check it with one login from anywhere by logging into my personal server.

Is that easy to set up? seems complicated :D

JDA said:
I forward everything to a gmail account.

Doesn't that get a bit messy, and wouldnt people get ackward when you reply from a gmail account and not a domain name email?

darkdrift said:
Is that easy to set up? seems complicated :D
There are several good tutorials out there if you are familiar with Linux and editing config files.

darkdrift said:
Doesn't that get a bit messy, and wouldnt people get ackward when you reply from a gmail account and not a domain name email?

It's not too bad, and I've honestly never had anyone mention it. My sites don't generate a ton of email though.

darkdrift said:

I do the same thing and no one seems to mind. I don't think that gmail has the same stigma that some other free email hosts have.

I use outlook and have different folders set up to receive the email from the various accounts. That way I have one program to view all email (but sorted nicely into separate folders) and I use the same program to send an email from any of those accounts.

I use a separate IMAP account for each domain and have Thunderbird set up to check each account separately. This way when I reply to an email the From address is the same as the domain it was sent to. It works great.

darkdrift said:

Google has a nice feature that allows you to spoof your FROM field. (mailto)

EDIT: oops, looks like there was a page two. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.