Best way to handle budgeting for multiple ads on MySpace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatmasta

Jan 7, 2007
NYC
So I'm trying out myspace for the first time today, and I gotta say there's some things I don't like about it (though they're understandable).

I put together 12 different ads for one landing page, hoping to find the one that works the best. But you can only upload one ad per campaign, and you can only budget on a per-campaign basis! Obviously, this being my first time on MySpace, I'm not about to put up a $500 daily budget because I don't know if that will get burned through in an hour or never at all.

I would like to have an overall daily budget of $100 (or slightly over, I don't really care) for today, but I need to figure out the best way to spread that across all of my campaigns. Each one has a CPC of about .35, so if I set it to $10 each, only 28 clicks will be allotted to each....and I probably won't get ANY.

What to do?

Based on the assumption that they spread clicks throughout the day (quite a big assumption), I went ahead and made 12 campaigns for each of my ads, at .35cpc each, with a $10 budget each. We'll see how it goes.

That took a LONG fucking time to upload 12 campaigns.

I would recommend waiting - myspace is having some serious billing issues right now. Many of us have been charged as much as 30k more than we should have.

I just got off the phone w/someone at MySpace and they are "intimately aware" of the issue and are working to fix it. In the mean time I'd recommend holding off unless you want your card billed about $1000 to $1,500 per hour regardless of how many clicks you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.