Best Type of Site to Get into YPN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatmasta

Jan 7, 2007
NYC
Hey,

I want to get into YPN reallllllly bad. And obviously I'm not going to shell out $1200 for an account.

What's the best type of website, do you think, that I could put up in a day or two and successfully apply to YPN with? I'm thinking content definitely...and it seems like they accept sites that will help them test their beta, so should I do some kind of obscure niche site that could test their targeting?

I know it depends on pageviews too, so take into account that I'll have to say those are minimal.

Thanks

I have no idea. I've tried with some relatively established sites but they denied me everytime. I did have adsense running at the time though haha, so that probably pissed them off.

FYI, smart pricing is coming to YPN. It won't necessarily remain more lucrative than Adsense.

Is it really that hard for people to get into YPN? I had no idea... I tried and got in first time with a site that was only about 2 weeks old. All the content was shopped out to content writers and the site was basically an arbi site that I threw together in minimal time. Standard PHP/CSS site. I'd say pick an obscure niche that isn't oversaturated but is still high frequency and you should get in as long as your sites look decent. If you need more help after trying this contact me and I can give you some more specific information that might help you.

I got in as soon as YPN! launched with a music website that had a few interviews, photos and articles online. I think it only had around 300-500 uniques per day with 700-1000 page views.

Some niches are really profitable, especially if you can get relevant ads showing.

YPN is probably selective to publishers because they are more on the side of advertisers :) I know they are banning myspace site - low quality traffic :repuke:

I guess blogs will always work for YPN

I got into YPN last year with a crappily designed WP blog that was running Adsense, no sweat. After I was accepted, I literally forgot all about it because I was doing other things and so they gave me a call asking if they could help me out in any way.

Err... no. But thanks. I stuck it on a couple of blogs and forgot about it again until I started getting paid. But I haven't utilized it to its potential. It's still just beer money. Perhaps I should.

I still havent gotten into YPN. I have NO idea why. I can get into ANY other network I try to (Gorilla Nation, Tribal Fusion, Burst, ValueClick, Casale, Adsense, etc) but not YPN. Makes no sense to me.

I still havent gotten into YPN. I have NO idea why. I can get into ANY other network I try to (Gorilla Nation, Tribal Fusion, Burst, ValueClick, Casale, Adsense, etc) but not YPN. Makes no sense to me.

Last time I talked with a YPN rep they had reached their quota for publishers and were only letting people in to replace the terminated publishers. Obviously, at this point they are very selective on what kind of sites they accept.

I tried to get in forever and ever with a very well established, large site. No luck.

I finally had to ask a friend to ask their rep and my invite came later that day.

But then all that work was for nothing because YPN was reeeeeeeeally bad for us. After hearing everyone talk about how great and wonderful YPN was, it was a big let down...

Laura

Status
Not open for further replies.