Best place to aquire dropped domains?

john-e-cash

The paper chaser
Dec 14, 2011
Hi, there is a thread somewhere with posts about places that auction/sell dropped domains. For the life of me i can't find that thread :angryfire:

Can anybody recommend a good source for dropped domains?

You would be better off buying websites from people who don't even know they want to sell theirs yet.

Find them. Contact them. Convince them to sell.

People to target: website that aren't monetizing efficently. Websites in penalty but are generally quality websites - and recover it for $

Well first you need to be able to identify the penalty. Typically it's an over-optimization penalty which is easy to recover from.

visualization.jpg

Hi, there is a thread somewhere with posts about places that auction/sell dropped domains. For the life of me i can't find that thread :angryfire:

Can anybody recommend a good source for dropped domains?

Do you mean like SnapNames, NameJet, and pool.com? Registrars like godaddy and dynadot also auction expiring domains.

NameCatch.com is a good place to sort through the drop lists and find gems.

Yes brain is the most efficient tool (i hope) or scrapebox looks like it can to the job also.

Pool.com has worked for me on about 6 different dropping names I've wanted. I think no cost to backorder good domains just in case they expire too.

registercompass.com not the best interface wise but it works for me

Definitely RegisterCompass is the best for picking up domains BEFORE they are dropped which is what you want to do. That way you keep the AGE and the LINKS! I subscribe whenever there is a PR update and scoop up domains mostly from GDaddy auctions.

Definitely RegisterCompass is the best for picking up domains BEFORE they are dropped which is what you want to do. That way you keep the AGE and the LINKS! I subscribe whenever there is a PR update and scoop up domains mostly from GDaddy auctions.
Is register compass a paid monthly service?

Thanks for all the replies, i'm now signed up to registercompass and expireddomains.

But is there any service that includes .CO.UK expired and expiring domains?

freshdrop.net is by far the best I've used and they have great filtering options. 'reg fee' are dropped domains.

freshdrop.net is by far the best I've used and they have great filtering options. 'reg fee' are dropped domains.
Freshdrop is not great imo. A lot of domains that are listed on register compass and expired domians are not listed on freshdrop