Best hosting for low budget F/T college student

prallen

Feb 23, 2010
I'm sure this has been posted multiple times on this forum but for some reason I cannot get the "search" function to work in my favor.

I'm a full time college student with a very limited bankroll. I've tried building a few straight content sites before but became frustrated and gave up. I'm looking to build a site (probably a blog of some sort) but do not want to spend any more than 40 or 50 dollars on registration/set up/hosting fees for the first several months.

What hosting would you guys recommend? - Preferably with a setup fee that is low or nonexistent and a monthly fee of anywhere from 3 - 7 or 8 dollars.

Thanks a lot guys... my first post here, please no spam,

Pat

50webs

Been using them for 2-3 years now, they're good. The $3/month plan is good for only 1 domain ought. Or use ZenSix but you can't modify wordpress template ought.

For cheap domain names $10 for .com or $3 for .info if you use namecheap.com

Go with either Hostgator or Godaddy, they are the big two guys in hosting. The support for both is top notch also.

I prefer Godaddy for my domains & Hostgator for my hosting. Both offer cheap hosting plans though, it just depends on what company you prefer.

Go with either Hostgator or Godaddy, they are the big two guys in hosting. The support for both is top notch also.

I prefer Godaddy for my domains & Hostgator for my hosting. Both offer cheap hosting plans though, it just depends on what company you prefer.

GoDaddy = FAIL

Definitely Hostgator

I don't get the zensix model. Lifetime hosting for one price? That is not sustainable unless it is being supported by another business.

Alright guys thanks a lot for the input. I've heard a lot of bad things about godaddy... and I've experienced some first hand - i'm not going that route again. I think I might try volsh because I'm either going to be running a WP blog or just a little PHP script I'm working up.

Pat

Or just stick with Host Gator's $10 a month plan, skip eating Mcdonalds for 2 meals and you got yourself some web hosting. They got sick bandwidth, good support and unlimited domain addons.