Best Hope for Finding E.T. Yet!

Just wait. I think Dec 3rd (maybe 7th?) some space conference starts, and NASA is going to tell us a bunch of goodies that the Mars rover found. Right now, they're keeping everything secret though.

Yeah I was reading about that as well. But I also read they like to blow things out of proportion just to generate hype so we'll see.

Mars Mystery: Has Curiosity Rover Made Big Discovery? | Space.com

They do, but you have to understand how significant even minor developments are and how important hype really is to the program. Consider NASA's funding and public perception of NASA's value. The biggest problem is many people don't immediately realize the implications of what are really incredible developments.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they found organic matter. There's frozen H2O in the caps and various proofs of bodies of liquid-H2O existing on the surface at one point. Plus, an H20-based solution of some kind could still exist in liquid form at current temps. Microbial life existing on Mars at some point in the past is a very real possibility. Personally, I'm excited to see what happens if they did find organic matter. The kind of missions that would follow would be absolutely nasty. Think about the surge of support for space exploration after a discovery like that.

ancient-aliens-guy-im-not-saying-its-aliens-but-its-aliens2.jpg