Best forum software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2007
France
Hi,
What is the best software out there for forums? Last one i used was mybb, which seemed quite nice and easy to use.

Kind of thinking of using vbulliten, but I want to roll it out on a few sites so it will become a bit expensive.

I need something that isn't a pain to integrate with an existing (custom) cms. I've seen the new phpbb (3). Not used it yet though (Either as a user or admin).

I currently use phpbb3 and it is OK. Seems stable enough and I have not had a single spam registration yet--in two months--still crossing my fingers and knocking on wood.

There have been some problems (re-ordering posts in a particular fashion and trying to get different forum headers for different members, for example), but nothing a little coding could not take care of and every admin will want something different. I am still waiting for the mods to catch up with version 2.

I will probably end up going to vbulletin, but I am not certain given the demands my users place on the forum (I get a lot of hacking attempts from my users) and I like the fact that I can just close loop holes in the code, not certain if I can do this in VB.

I have heard good things about SMF, I installed it and it did not meet my needs.

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.