Best Channels to Sell Stuff Online - WIRED

blogginginc

Mar 3, 2008
Email Is Crushing Twitter, Facebook for Selling Stuff Online | Wired Business | Wired.com

custora_1-660x438.png

What do you think?

I've never been a big email list guy. Everyone likes to talk about building a list. Obviously you'd want to build up a list to keep those customers around to sell them more shit, but I still can't commit myself to doing it because it feels like I'm losing out big on the front end, while hoping I can make up for it with the back-end emails.

Anyone here focus on selling through email only? What kind of numbers do you normally see in terms of the % of people who actually buy from you in the future?

I've never been a big email list guy. Everyone likes to talk about building a list. Obviously you'd want to build up a list to keep those customers around to sell them more shit, but I still can't commit myself to doing it because it feels like I'm losing out big on the front end, while hoping I can make up for it with the back-end emails.

Anyone here focus on selling through email only? What kind of numbers do you normally see in terms of the % of people who actually buy from you in the future?

Interested in this too. Everyone is always saying building an email list is a great long term asset. I always wondered though what that actually translates into numbers. If I build up a 1-2 million single opt in email list for female diet products, keep it warm and do a blast with a good inbox rate how much $$ could I expect to make per blast. Is a couple hundred thousand per blast doable on a diet offer? Or would it probably be low $xx,xxx per blast

if you want the best of both worlds, build a rebill.

I don't sell by email only but it is definitely a big part of what I do. I'm not sure how you think email sales would impact your front end?

The last major product launch that I did we figured that email sales (on the back) added up to $12 per buyer in additional revenue, so that shit adds up.