Beijing Ticket scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry1970

Feb 17, 2008
Ticket scam websites shut down - web - Technology - theage.com.au

These websites finally got shut down after selling hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollars worth a Olympic Games Tickets that did not exist.

One guy in Sydney spent $27,000 on tickets to the opening ceremonies and basketball games featuring the USA...

Blackhat jack. I don't know whether to applaud the blackhat affiliate as a genius or rip his balls out for making it harder for other affiliates to make some cash online...

I was quite impressed with the site, very professional and easy to use. Of course its being going for over a year now and from what I've heard revenue was in excess of 50million. Of course as soon as it shutdown another was in its place 'beijing-ticketing.net' (which yesterday was advertising via adwords) but today is gone (which is a shame to, because i was interested in purchasing 27 tickets to the opening ceremony [can you believe they still had them?])

Anyways, the brilliance of this scam is the bloke who owned the company had a contract with "another" company which stated they would "supply" the tickets to them. Unfortunately after providing the monies from online sales to this company it went "bankrupt" :( meaning no one could get their tickets and more then likely he might not be charged as it is all legit (should they find him).

So, i guess this will soon become a legitmate business model from crims.

> Create legit company selling product X
> Get signed contract from bolovian company (XTech) willing to provide product X (of course is scam company).
> Sell product X from web, forward all monies to XTech.
> Get caught out, determine XTech never existed and you have been pwned.
> Express shock and dismay for customers and try to do everything to help them.
> Fly to bolovia, collect $.
> Create legit company selling product Y

yeah, but the website looked professional. I guess the moral of the story is to make your website look totally legitimate.

Everyday credit card users are getting very used to entering their cc number online.

Fuck me though $50 million...

Status
Not open for further replies.