Bank Robbers Busted After Posting About It on Facebook

IMHopeful

Wicked Fire Elite Member
Mar 8, 2010
Canada
Can you say stupid?

Quoted from msn.com:

"Federal prosecutors say two former tellers at the International Bank of Commerce recruited a boyfriend and a brother to steal more than $62,000 on March 23.

Prosecutors say former tellers 18-year-old Estefany Danelia Martinez and 19-year-old Anna Margarita Rivera; Martinez's boyfriend, 19-year-old Ricky Gonzalez; and Rivera's brother, 22-year-old Arturo Solano were indicted Wednesday on charges of bank robbery and embezzlement.

Authorities say an anonymous tip led investigators to Facebook posts. In one Martinez wrote, "IM RICH." Another post said: "WIPE MY TEETH WITH HUNDEREDS."

Gonzalez's attorney, Lance Hamm, says his client is "extremely remorseful for what he's accused of doing."

Attorneys for the others did not immediately return messages Wednesday night."

Link

I saw a similar article a few days ago where some tellers (or someone in some minor position of power) stole ~162K and then posted on their wall, "I'm gonna buy my mom a new house" and something about a "big check coming" .. I'll just google it hold on

can't find it - but apparently this level of retardation is not rare.

If updates talking about ballin' will cause suspicion, I wonder how many anonymous tips the police get on our very own Birdman.

One of my former co- workers on disability posted on facebook about a motorcycle they just bought for themselves

I swear almost all teenage girls with Facebook accounts are retarded as fuck. All the girls that I have on my Facebook always update their status with stupid shit -- it's just in their nature to try and show off/let people know everything they're doing.

EDIT: Love how one said that they're rich from less than 100K. I know people on here that make that in a fucking week. Geez these girls are stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Is this even possible? I mean how retarded can one really get?

Someone who's able to pull off a bank robbery, doesn't have the common sense to not talk about it?

I mean even if I unwittingly do something wrong, I immediately delve into paranoia. Isn't that human fuckin nature? How can one talk about being rich on FB after pulling off a bank robbery?

Strange times we live in, I tell you.

lolol

There was a story like this on WF about a year ago when some dude robbed a house, and posted a pic of himself in the house stealing a coat and other shit on the son of the house owner's facebook account.

He shoulda checked in on fb when he was robbing the joint...what a moron

I've heard that facebook is somehow linked to a disgusting amount of failed relationships, but I wonder how many people its put behind bars..?

lolol

There was a story like this on WF about a year ago when some dude robbed a house, and posted a pic of himself in the house stealing a coat and other shit on the son of the house owner's facebook account.

Any way you can provide a link? This sounds interesting.

Chalk one up for stupidity. Most people in the younger generations are considered computer literate... yet they don't understand the publicness of internationally recognized social sites? Stupidity...

Years back when MySpace was more popular than Facebook, a group of high school kids near here got busted for stealing someone's car and joyriding along similar lines.

I personally think it's hilarious.

I think they are just a bunch of thug. based on their IQ level.
I mean, why would they post it on facebook ?
maybe this is the right term for "No Brainer".