AzoogleAds & Myspace (or other affiliate programs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sitemaker

Banned
Jun 25, 2006
NYC
Does anyone know if AzoogleAds is ok with promotion through Myspace (ex. bulletins, commenting)

Or any other affiliate network (CJ for example) allows it?

Always contact the company reps instead of taking someones word for it (unless that someone is a company rep on the forum :) )

Azoogleads is fine with it, but myspace has a problem with it. I've recently heard about myspace sending out C&D's to "marketers" using affiliate programs to market products and services, and I also know of 6 people already who have had, not only their IP's blocked by myspace for it, but they've also been contacted by myspace's lawyers who apparently got their information through their ISP's. Two of them lost their affiliate accounts as well. My conclusion on it is that myspace is trying to send a message stating "we don't fuck around". Promote it at your own risk.

Jon said:
Azoogleads is fine with it, but myspace has a problem with it. I've recently heard about myspace sending out C&D's to "marketers" using affiliate programs to market products and services, and I also know of 6 people already who have had, not only their IP's blocked by myspace for it, but they've also been contacted by myspace's lawyers who apparently got their information through their ISP's. Two of them lost their affiliate accounts as well. My conclusion on it is that myspace is trying to send a message stating "we don't fuck around". Promote it at your own risk.

People using a Proxy or internet connection through Satellite would be more difficult to trace I guess... :ak:

PS - Regarding "C & D" letters are you referring to people who own MySpace profiles and promoting their affiliate stuff through bulletins, referring to websites from their profile(s) with affiliate offers OR to websites who use MySpace words in their domain name, for example:
http://www.searchenginejournal.com/index.php?p=2749
http://www.earnersforum.com/showthread.php?t=2447

In case of MySpace words in domain you find plenty of such cases lately!

Status
Not open for further replies.