Avoiding Click Fraud

makethatgreen

The Freeway Killer
Mar 1, 2009
bewbs
When you go about doing your research, and seeing what offers are working for other people how do you view their landing pages?

Is there anyway to view the landing page without charging the advertiser by clicking on the ad link?

I'm not talking just adwords, I'm talking about any ad networks out there.

there is no way. even when the display url is set (so could be copy pasted), its likely not to be the same page the ad takes you to. To me, clicking on single ads is part of the game. Its not even really fraud, you are interested in the ads contents just like whoever else clicks on it (just for different reasons).

Writing bots to fuck people is click fraud.

1. Rightclick link and choose "Copy link location"
2. Insert into View HTTP Path » SEO Egghead

It will display the path the link travelled to get to destination, and i'm pretty sure it's not actually "clicking" the link. If it is, Google prolly writes it off as bot-generate click anyway

Is it possible to fake your referrer and act like a spyder bot, or would this still generate a costed click?

Who really puts this much thought into not charging competitors? There are people setting up bots to auto click on all the competitors links but their own and you are worried about charging one of these competitors a few quarters because you want to see their page, they would not do you the same favor in return.