Automating Wordpress Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

revlimiter

$333.33/day is my goal!
I am wondering if there is a tool or plugin I can use to automate my wordpress install? Even after 10 or so WP installs I'm *still* having a hard time figuring out what the database name is, and what goes where... I would love to be able to purchase a new domain and host my WordPress blog ASAP through Dreamhost without having to go into the control panel, adding a database name (random name because they must be unique) and having to edit the wp-config-sample.php file every time.

TIA

Get a HostGator server. I have one (baby croc shared hosting 9.95 plan) and it's awesome for installing wordpress because it has Cpanel and Fantastico. with fantastico just enter in your wordpress blog name, email, and url, press a button and BAM instant installation. Oh yeah and hostgator will give you unlimited domains and subdomains so create as many as your hosting plan can handle. They are almost never down too.

good luck

revlimiter said:
I am wondering if there is a tool or plugin I can use to automate my wordpress install? Even after 10 or so WP installs I'm *still* having a hard time figuring out what the database name is, and what goes where... I would love to be able to purchase a new domain and host my WordPress blog ASAP through Dreamhost without having to go into the control panel, adding a database name (random name because they must be unique) and having to edit the wp-config-sample.php file every time.

TIA
Although, I hate the downtime/slowness of dreamhost I believe dreamhost have an auto installer for wordpress and many other popular php scripts. If you have a server/shared account that has cpanel with fantastico. Fantastico also has an auto installer for wordpress too.

xspark said:
Although, I hate the downtime/slowness of dreamhost I believe dreamhost have an auto installer for wordpress and many other popular php scripts. If you have a server/shared account that has cpanel with fantastico. Fantastico also has an auto installer for wordpress too.
Awesome :) Thanks for the help, I forgot Dreamhost has a 1 Click Install for WordPress. Got it running within a matter of seconds!

Jan, all I can say: DO IT!

If I remember right, your are using blogger right now.
Although Blogger is OK, you are missing out on a ton.

What made me switch was the lack of categories in blogger. Those are the easiest way to get people to surf.

::emp::

Status
Not open for further replies.