Automated Adwords Keyword Tool Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiefJ

Feb 6, 2009
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hey guys

I developed an automated Google AdWords keyword scanner for my own personal needs that I thought I would offer to the members of the wickedfire community if anyone was interested. Essentially, you slap a list of keywords into the program that you want traffic information for and the program seamlessly obtains this information directly from google without any interaction on your behalf. The program itself is a Windows application (32-bit, XP/2000/Vista) however it does require you to have a hosting account equipped with PHP and cURL. You will need to upload a few included php scripts that are required for the program to run (these include a communication gateway script that and your sensitive Google API login credentials settings)

Program Functionality
When you initiate a scan (after inputting your list of keywords) the program will communicate with Google AdWords via Google API to obtain traffic information for each keyword you specified in your list. The Information that is obtained is the same data you would see within the AdWords Keyword Tool, which would be: Relevant Keywords (depending on whether or not you are using the Use Synonyms option), Advertiser competition, Average Search Volume, and Last Month Search Volume. As data is received from Google, it is written to a specified log file in CSV format and is also displayed to you in real time for you to review as the program progresses through your list of keywords. This ensures you never lose scanned keyword data due to a power outage, dead laptop battery, ad nauseam.

Program Operation
Operates exactly as the Keyword Tool in Google Adwords except you will never be timed out and it automates all tasks for you. You can toggle the "Use Synonyms" feature as well as set the keyword type (Board, Exact, Phrase) or set different Country and Language codes to suite your particular scanning requirements. If you can do it in the Keyword Tool, you can do it in this program as well.

Program Requirements
To use this script You will NEED a Google API Developer Token and Application Token. You can obtain these free from Google (link below). The API services used in this program are the "KeywordToolService" and "TrafficEstimatorService". Pricing for Google API is dependant on the API being called. It breaks down to 1,000 units will cost you $.25USD. To scan a keyword for traffic info (aka this program) it will cost you 20 units per keyword. Per 1.00USD spent you can scan 200 keywords. More information on the specific API rates can be found at the link below.

Cost Effective
For my purposes, I scan extremely large lists of keywords. hence my need for this program. As explained above the cost to scan 200 keywords is $1. If I have a list of 10,000 keywords that would cost $200. Not very cost effective when I know that 85% of the keyword list is garbage. So, I added a "Traffic Estimator" feature. In short, when enabled, before a keyword is scanned @ 20 units the program will first use a separate API call @ 1 unit that will determine if the keyword in question has any traffic at all. If Google reports that traffic is indeed expected, the keyword is then scanned at the normal rate of 20 units. If no traffic is expected, it only cost you 1 API unit to check rather than 20 units to scan ;)

Installation
You'll get two zip files. One zip file will contain all program files. Extract all files into the same directory and run the exe file. The second zip file includes the supporting php scripts you will need to edit and upload to your server. That's about it.

Related Links
https://adwords.google.com/select/ApiWelcome
AdWords API Rate Sheet - AdWords API - Google Code

Price: $100

Attachments

• keywordlookup.jpg
    keywordlookup.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 40

Status
Not open for further replies.