atlas shrugged 2

Maybe. I just saw the first one last week and it was good. I really liked the casting choices, and since they recast all the main roles I'm not sure I want to see it - recasting really annoys me.

I really, honestly, thought the first movie was absolute boring garbage. I should read the books. I read Anthem and thought it was fantastic. Just doesn't translate into a movie very potently. Like Aeon Flux, somewhat.

Maybe. I just saw the first one last week and it was good. I really liked the casting choices, and since they recast all the main roles I'm not sure I want to see it - recasting really annoys me.

agreed. whoever played dagny in P1 was smokin hot.

Looking forward to it, but I don't go to the cinemas anymore. Will wait to catch it online.

It will be interesting to see what its' opening-weekend box office draw is... The primary audience for it is the Ron Paul folks, other libertarians/free market ppl. And this movie has been Heavily advertised on all of their websites like the dailypaul and lewrockwell.com... So if the draw is large, that means that more people are awake to the ideas of freedom than the media would allow you to think.

i saw it tonite. loved the message, not happy with the casting changes or how it was done, which is a bit contradictory. a film about capitalism and talent rising to the top ought to have been able to utilize its message for that very effect, but it seemed overmatched by films with directors talented in delivering shit messages. in the previews there were 2 films advertised with all the right actors that were bashing corporate america (as usual), and they seemed like they would be blockbusters.

i'm a "believer" in ayn rand's work, but i don't understand why it doesn't translate in hollywood, a clearly vapid culture that worships the dollar. it should work great, right?