ASE Lodging/Travel

Do you still need a room for ASE? If you need multiple rooms please comment.

• No

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Yes, 2 double beds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, 1 king bed

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanya

Jan 25, 2007
Phoenix
www.myspace.com
Hi all,

I have set up a group rate for WF at COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT® MIAMI DOWNTOWN HOTEL Miami Hotels Miami Florida - Official Hotel Website

They may nor have record of it until TOMORROW, but here are the details.

You can call them at 800-228-9290. The group name is "Wicked Fire." I reserved 25 single rooms for Sunday(7/8)-Tuesday(7/10). They may or may not have more once those 25 are gone. The rate is $109/night

If you have any problems please PM me. They may not have a record of the group until TOMORROW.

I am happy to help you with any other travel needs you have.

Thanks!
Tanya

I just checked and it isn't set up yet. You will need the address to make reservations.

200 Southeast Second Avenue • Miami, Florida 33131
Phone: (305) 374-3000

Hey Tanya -

Thanks for setting this up for everyone who didn't book early. :)

Laura

First off, thanks for the help and taking the time to get the group rate Tanya.

I just started my hotel search for ASE. But 2 of the methods I use is sidestep.com and the Priceline hack.

I also did some research and I found a price to beat that group rate at this hotel.

http://www.sidestep.com/hotel/itine...rce=resultspage&itinid=1488904&page=hotelname

$87/night Sat-Tues.

Now I will prob go the priceline hack route cus you can get 4-5 star for ultracheap. It takes some work but it'll save you some $$$.

The priceline hack is spelled out on the link below.

Corrected: How to get the LOWEST price at Priceline.com - SlickDeals.net Forums

PS - I used the hack this past weeked to stay in a Courtyard Marriot in Gaslamp - San Diego for $65 a night... normally $220+/night

Good luck clowns!

c0ck

I just called again. Their systems went down but our group should be up by this afternoon.

Also before I forget. If you are looking for cheaper rooms there is one, Riverside (100 SE 4th St). They are about $80, but they do NOT have internet.

I just found out there are only 9 rooms left. If you do not get one please let me know and I will try to set up another group on Monday. I need to know how many doubles and singles we need.

Stickied, will unsticky after ASE.

BTW, in case any of you were clueless, like me, Tanya's a travel agent, so I'm sure you can contact her for other things besides ASE.

There are still rooms available but they have to be booked by Friday (June 15th).

Here's the info you need to book it:
800-228-9290
Courtyard by Marriott Miami Downtown
July 8-10
Group Name: Wicked Fire

Just to update: If you were on the waitlist for rooms at the main hotel, they are going through the booked rooms now to free up what they can for attendees. I guess a ton of people overbooked in case they needed the space, and if the AS people free the rooms, they can assign them to other attendees (versus them going back into the pool of available hotel rooms for the general public). I did end up getting a room there after all, but I don't know how many there are to go around. I guess if you want to check, you can contact them through the AS site.

Thanks again for helping us slackers, Tanya. :D

Laura

Just to update: If you were on the waitlist for rooms at the main hotel, they are going through the booked rooms now to free up what they can for attendees. I guess a ton of people overbooked in case they needed the space, and if the AS people free the rooms, they can assign them to other attendees (versus them going back into the pool of available hotel rooms for the general public). I did end up getting a room there after all, but I don't know how many there are to go around. I guess if you want to check, you can contact them through the AS site.

Thanks again for helping us slackers, Tanya. :D

Laura

Interesting, I'm booking tonight - probably going to go with the Marriott though - cheaper. :) Besides, 2 blocks isn't too far.

See you all there!

Status
Not open for further replies.