Armchair.net and Necklace.net for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie.simm

Gigantic Websites Dot Com
Jul 6, 2007
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Armchair.net is available at Rick Latona's extended T.R.A.F.F.I.C. auction (the auction started today and will end on the 5th of November, click here if you're interested in placing a bid).

Necklace.net will be available at Moniker's extended T.R.A.F.F.I.C. auction as of tomorrow (the auction will end on the 4th of November). I'll post a link to the auction as soon as it goes live.

Armchair.net

Registration date: 30-jun-1998

# of exact match monthly searches: 74,000
# of broad monthly searches: 673,000

Necklace.net

Registration date: 13-sep-2001

# of exact match monthly searches: 201,000
# of broad monthly searches: 7,480,000

Badass man, I wonder what you had to do to get those domains..

Anyways.. find the right buyer and I'm sure they'll sell for a ton! Good luck buddy!

Badass man, I wonder what you had to do to get those domains..

Anyways.. find the right buyer and I'm sure they'll sell for a ton! Good luck buddy!

I'm just gonna say that buying 'em was anything but a pleasant experience and leave it at that.

My "target audience": people who want to develop them and know what the fuck they're doing. If you were to make it to the 1st page of Google, you'd earn your money back within a month or a couple of months at most. IF. There are obviously no guarantees but if you're targeting terms like "armchair" or "necklace", owning an exact match domain would help a lot. In fact, targeting terms like these without having some kind of an edge (an exact match domain, for example) would probably be a waste of time.

Wow , do you have any more like this?

Here's the thing: it's a buyer's market, I'm selling domains because I have to and not because I want to. I initially wanted to develop everything and even had someone design a vector logo for both Armchair.net and Necklace.net (the new owner can have 'em if he/she contacts me). As far as some of my other domains are concerned, I've managed to get even more work done and that's exactly why I'm selling these (some of my projects are almost ready to be launched, selling the domains now would be pretty stupid).

Kinda unrealted, sorry charlie (heh sorry charlie how much do you hear that???) but does anyone know if that site Proxibid has an affiliate program? Nothing on google that I could find.

Kinda unrealted, sorry charlie (heh sorry charlie how much do you hear that???) but does anyone know if that site Proxibid has an affiliate program? Nothing on google that I could find.

Nah, they don't have one. You could make things happen by contacting individual sellers, maybe something similar to what these guys did:

Broker Participation is Invited & Encouraged: A (2%) two percent broker commission will be paid to cooperating real estate Broker. A commission will be paid to the properly licensed broker whose prospective buyer purchases and closes on the real estate. The commission will be two (2%) percent of the winning bid.

I have to say that I am impressed by the quality of these two domains. I can see Armchair.net developing into a kick-ass discussion forum / multi-user blog. Necklace.net is also pretty awesome. Good luck with your sale dude, I am sure you will be able to sell them at an excellent price.

I have to say that I am impressed by the quality of these two domains. I can see Armchair.net developing into a kick-ass discussion forum / multi-user blog. Necklace.net is also pretty awesome. Good luck with your sale dude, I am sure you will be able to sell them at an excellent price.

Both domains have "online store" written all over them IMO, you can make some serious coin if you know what you're doing. Making it to the first page will obviously not be a piece of cake just because you own an exact match domain but having one of these babies as a "foundation" would help a LOT.

Think about it this way:

1) IF you were to make it to the first page, you'd easily bank 5 figs per month (you'd probably be able to recoup your investment after a month "in the spotlight")

2) even if you don't make it to the first page and one of these domains ends up "only" helping you climb to the 2nd/3rd page, you'd still be looking at high 4 figs or even low 5 figs per month (you'd probably be able to recoup your investment after a couple of months)

3) even if it were only possible to recoup your investment after one year at the very least, buying one of these domains would still represent a great decision because aside from the fact that you'd end up owning a business which generates 4-5 figs per month, you'd also be sitting on a domain which is worth LOTS of money (even without a website)

1) IF you were to make it to the first page, you'd easily bank 5 figs per month (you'd probably be able to recoup your investment after a month "in the spotlight")

If you were in one of the top 3 positions for the term necklace alone I could see $1mill a year. That's not even including all the other terms you be able to murder... Pearl Necklace, Sapphire, Ruby, Diamond...

Big monies.

If you were in one of the top 3 positions for the term necklace alone I could see $1mill a year. That's not even including all the other terms you be able to murder... Pearl Necklace, Sapphire, Ruby, Diamond...

Big monies.

Yep, both armchairs and necklaces are expensive items and that's definitely also important. Let's assume that we're dealing with a 10% commission and that you'd have to choose between a domain which describes an item that costs about 20 bucks and a domain which describes an item that costs 300 bucks.

Even if let's say 3x more people are searching for term #1 each month, domain #2 is still the best choice because you'd have to sell 15 $20 items in order to make as much money as you would selling one $300 item.

A quick update:

1) the necklace.net auction -> 20 hours left
2) the armchair.net auction -> 1 day and 18 hours left

Status
Not open for further replies.