Arbi - Moving on from 7search to Adwords...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImagesAndWords

StayblCam.com
Nov 7, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
www.stayblcam.com
Alright, I have been testing and using 7search quite extensively now for a while. My ads there perform well, but I need more volume to all my arbi sites. Even big-volume keywords can only produce so much traffic from a 2nd/3rd tier ppc like 7search. I imagine I could get many times the traffic for the same keywords from Adwords.

So I'd like to get going with Adwords to up the ante :)
I already have a 3 yr. old Adwords account for my main WH site. I have heard before that using Adwords for arbi traffic is for the more experienced.

What I would like to know is what pitfalls I should be aware of before sending traffic from my Adwords to my Adsense arbi sites. Of course I am aware of the content vs. smartpricing and such, but I mean - what other things could happen if Google dislikes my campaigns being sent straight to what is essentially pure MFA sites? :)

Could using Adwords make them more aware of all my arbi sites and in effect get my Adsense account banned? (or even my Adwords account?)
That would suck :anon.sml:

you could also try something like MSN 1st before going to Google - just to get some more traffic, and learn better arb skills...thats what I am in the process of doing now anyways!

well, for one thing, you would think the content network would be good for arbi but that is only the case sometimes, you have to track it, and if it is a "big" niche it probably is hard to make it worth the effort to get any clicks from search! among about 100 other things you need to think about before you jump in!

well, for one thing, you would think the content network would be good for arbi but that is only the case sometimes, you have to track it, and if it is a "big" niche it probably is hard to make it worth the effort to get any clicks from search! among about 100 other things you need to think about before you jump in!

Thanks, I will keep that in mind and perhaps play around with MSN a little too first (although I already hate the cumbersome Adcenter UI) :)

Chris; in your big sticky arbi thread, you had 7150 clicks from 7search, Adcenter and Adwords combined in a 24 hr. period. You also spent about half your ppc $$ in 7search in that timeframe.

I'm curious - in what order did you get the majority of clicks from out of those three ppc sources?

I would think the minority of those 7150 clicks would be from 7search, or?

i think i must up my ppc on 7search then - i have quite a few niches paying over $1/click - but fuck me if I get more than 10 clicks a day from any of them...

finally had my 1st $50 day in arb though - all from 7search so far... time to work on some more pages!

I haven't tried 7search yet, I started of with Adwords. Arbitrage is going ok, average ROI is somewhere between 60% - %130. Fluctuates a bit, but I guess that's part of arbitrage :)

My strategy is to get as much traffic as possible, so I added adCenter too. So now I get traffic from Adwords and adCenter. I must say, adcenter traffic converts the best but I wouldn't solely rely on one source of traffic. Maybe I should add 7search too and see if that traffic converts well.

I noticed that new arbi sites have started appear almost everyday on the adwords search ads now that people have figured out how to "please" the quality score bot or whatever it is. people should just copy stuff from them, see how they make it. no need to rediscover shit.

I noticed that new arbi sites have started appear almost everyday on the adwords search ads now that people have figured out how to "please" the quality score bot or whatever it is. people should just copy stuff from them, see how they make it. no need to rediscover shit.

Could you provide an example? :bigear:

i think i must up my ppc on 7search then - i have quite a few niches paying over $1/click - but fuck me if I get more than 10 clicks a day from any of them...

Exactly - this is what annoys me too. I have many sites now that pay well and I have CTRs ranging from 55% - 80% across all my sites. But the traffic I get is way too low. I need to increase my traffic tenfold but it seems impossible using only 7search. (And yes, I rank #1 in both their content and network for many words that have very high monthly search volumes). My average PPC is $0.15.

Adwords seems to be the only solution to the problem.. :xomunch:

I'm in the same boat. I haven't been able to find that one niche that generates a ton of traffic and good payouts. It's one or the other, but not both.

I'm thinking about trying adcenter for a while.

Yeah, the interface suck I know. But the conversion is very good :)
But nothing beats the search feed interface!!! Most crappy interface I have ever seen, never gonna use them again.

I'm in the same boat. I haven't been able to find that one niche that generates a ton of traffic and good payouts. It's one or the other, but not both.
I'm thinking about trying adcenter for a while.

Well, I think finding good paying ones with good traffic isn't too hard. However, it seems to me that the hard part is getting enough traffic from those niches without paying too much for them. Some well-targeted (not generic) keywords get 1 million+ searches in 7search. But... you also gotta pay usually $1 or more to even be in the top 5 or top 10 for those. And if you're not ranked that well (because you most often don't wanna pay $1 for your arbi bids), well then you're stuck with getting a drizzle of traffic instead of a motherload :)

So most of my sites get like 4 clicks @ $0.15 a day :(
40 clicks a day @ $0.09 would be SWEET! :bowdown:

At least my ROI is positive.

Most of my keywords don't pay that much, varies between 0.30 and 1.10 and I usually pay $0.05 - $0.15 per click. I don't get highly paid per click, but my traffic is pretty good. So in the end, my profit is ok. It fluctuates a lot. Sometimes I have a CTR of %60, but never less than %25. Having a high CTR does not imply better earnings!

What you must do is work on a lot of niches. When I started off with arbitrage, lol 3 weeks ago, I stuck to 5 niches or so. But then 4 were not profitable. Now I have around 20 niches and it looks like 15 of them are not profitable, the rest are my gold mines :) Just test a lot and work on the ones that are profitable. If you test a niche, make sure you don't get #1 spots for all ads, #2 - #4 are fine. Wait for 50-100 clicks and see if it's profitable. If so, keep them and improve the bids a bit and maybe the ad title etc. If not profitable, start a new one. Keep track of things! So use channels to see which niches are profitable.

You do need to have some cash to test a lot, I spent around $350 already on ads, but my earnings are around $600. So almost a ROI of 100% :)

I'm starting today to drill down my best niches - say I have one thing profitable which I took out all of the geo-specific terms like 'New York xxxxx', etc - I am going to then just use one KW and mispellings of that keyword for exactly those locations... we'll see if that works! Won't get as many hits for those pages on 7search, but since I'm starting to expand to other PPC sites I'm hoping it won't matter.

I am assuming that using Adwords you would need to be geo-specific for many things since you would get killed otherwise (which is the opposite for 7search it seems) - any advice from those of you who have gone to other PPC sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.