anyone use phpBB3 and install mods? I needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

airbball23

Sep 26, 2007
i installed phpBB3 and i'm having an issue whenever i'm trying to install any quick reply mods. I just installed this one: phpBB • View topic - [MODDB] Advanced Quick Reply 0.3.0

and i edited it and followed the instruction but i keep getting this error:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3526: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3528: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3529: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:1)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3530: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /viewtopic.php:1)
when i replace it w/ the original viewtopic.php file it goes away - but then i cant add quick reply. I refreshed my theme. any suggestions?

this is the lines in functions.php for 3526-3530

header('Content-type: text/html; charset=UTF-8');

header('Cache-Control: private, no-cache="set-cookie"');
header('Expires: 0');
header('Pragma: no-cache');

viewtopic.php has already sent headers, so functions.php cannot send them!

Haven't used PHPbb since I got pwned a few years ago and lost all my DB's, but if you're following the directions and it still doesn't work, it's either:

1. A bug in the plugin/addon you're using
or more likely
2. Not supported by PhpBB3

Also
3. You simply did something wrong.

Haven't used PHPbb since I got pwned a few years ago and lost all my DB's, but if you're following the directions and it still doesn't work, it's either:

1. A bug in the plugin/addon you're using
or more likely
2. Not supported by PhpBB3

Also
3. You simply did something wrong.

i changed it to UTF-8 and the error went away but the quick reply doesnt show up. this works for phpBB3 and i posted help on their forum but have not heard of a repsonds.

what happened w/ ur DB?

i changed it to UTF-8 and the error went away but the quick reply doesnt show up. this works for phpBB3 and i posted help on their forum but have not heard of a repsonds.

what happened w/ ur DB?

I hadn't patched (or backed up) the forum in over a year and got my asshole turned inside out by a simple exploit.

This would always happen to me when I used phpbb3, I always had to back some files up because I could never figure it out. Then I switched to vBulletin.

This would always happen to me when I used phpbb3, I always had to back some files up because I could never figure it out. Then I switched to vBulletin.

My forums now all run vBulletin. PHPBB is the 10-speed, VB is the Ford F750 of the forum world.

Status
Not open for further replies.