Anyone Use Odesk.com For Outsourcing Development?

Status
Not open for further replies.

natekapi

Dec 27, 2006
South Beach
www.spoofcard.com
Just wondering if anyone has used odesk.com for any development outsourcing of significant projects before, and if so, what your experience was?

I have an Adobe Air project I'm looking to have done and am probably going to turn to odesk.com.

they will call u to confirm ur account and everything and charge an authorization fee of about $10 which gets refunded i think... but go post it and let us know the results :) i wanted to use it 4 a while myself...

sometimes its safer to bid on freelance stuff on a project basis. But with odesk you can pay by the hour and it logs there time and shows you screen shots to confirm that they are working. So you can get a Filipino for around $2.50 an hour for some basic tasks.

Here is an example project from an affiliate that uses odesk at revenews.com/adamviener/your-global-workforce/

definitely read through the reviews before hiring a guy
think ebay and you got it.

I have out sourced many project, You will find plenty of talented and skillful freelancer for about any thing outsourcable, Go for it, You will not regret.

thanks for starting this thread - I just signed up with them. can anyone share their best practices. I've been sent a deluge of resumes for my virtual assistant post. I really just want someone I can have do stuff like about 5 hours a day (like sb accounts, article submissions maybe some WP site updates) any tips on choosing the righ tpeople?

@riddarhusetgal

Shorty you will receive bids from every corner of the world, you can interview them before hiring. You can pay them fixed price rate or hourly rate. Odesk is really a great outsourcing medium, I simply love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.