Anyone still use cj?

coach

Jan 15, 2008
A friend wants to sell some product via cj and their affiliates, but I'm wondering does anyone here actually make any money with cj?

I think the majority of affiliates on there are the couponer type guys, massive traffic but generally speaking coupons get commissions on brand searches or secondary research.

That being the case you need the interest up front, or a big brand, so people go looking for coupons to get discounts.

Some huge sellers on there but seems to be hit or miss with the niches. It's not hard to setup and they easily integrate with a lot of e commerce sites so it's worth a shot if they have time to set it up.

I had quite a few coupon affiliates in ShareaSale. I didn't know coupon sites were still being used, but whatever moves product.

Not much lately.. Just proved not profitable enough for my situation.

They are a BIG step above Linkshare though.

Linkshare is just straight shaving all day. (I don't trust them anymore)

CJ is a million times better. (Still tough to get conversions, but at least most of them I get credit for)

I've seen others making big money with CJ, just depends on what you're doing and how well you do it.

Do quite a bit of business with them but the majority of my commission tends to come from big brand names.

I couldn't tell you what to expect for a smaller company.

Yes, although their system is pretty confusing and payouts are slow. Leads start off as 'new', after the lock in period (for me, one month), they get extended, then after another month (for me, on the tenth-twelfth) they get locked. Performance incentives get added and locked a few days later. About 10 days after the first locking, you see the money from the locked leads and performance incentive arrive in your bank account. Even they don't seem to fully understand their system, and if you have any questions relating specifically to the program, you have to contact someone at a sub-company owned by them that handles it (which will take a few days and is pretty much email-only).

However, you do get paid, and they don't shave too hard.

They're still reputable. I promote them on a few pages, but not nearly as much as info products (if I can, I would much rather get 75% commission than a lousy 8% on a physical product). But they have a ton of vendors, so when you see an opportunity for a really specific offer, it's nice to have an account.

Nothing wrong with CJ at all from the affiliate end. You greedy bastards (yeah you RS3RS) don't need 75% commission. Getting 8% from a real business with real products is just fine with me. And some of their programs convert very well. But if it doesn't convert it's the vendors fault, and not CJ's.