Anyone remember that supplement a WF member made?

erifdekciw

May 3, 2008
This was awhile back, I think in 2010. Someone on here made a focus supplement called instant focus. I recently found my old bottle I ordered to try out. The exp date is still good, but I just wanted to see if anyone remembers ordering this and if it was any good. The website isn't up anymore and I don't know if that member is still around here.

It has the following ingredients:

Dimethylmylamine 25mg (apparently this was banned in 2010 in some places, Maybe thats why its not around anymore?)

Vinpocetine 5mg

Alpha GPC 100mg

Ginkgo Biloba Extract 100mg

I don't know shit about supplements so maybe someone can chime in and let me know if this stuff was any good when it was still around.

Bofu is correct. I think it was called Instant Focus.

It's 1,3 dimethylamylamine, or DMAA for short. Someone else on WF was selling it until recently.

It's currently under some super hot FDA fire right now. Questions on whether it's safe (at 25-50mg, it is and I love Instant Focus - mix with coffee or <200mg caffeine and BOOM), questions on whether it is truly found in nature, questions on how it was introduced to the market, and questions on how bodybuilding supplement companies were promoting it. Then congress got involved on similar issues of product introduction.

As many of us here know, the supplement industry is a wild wild west and nobody knows WTF is going on half the time with these products, but certain members of congress have very vested interests in keeping it the wild west. Bodes well for business now, but at any moment the entire thing could come crashing down, so there's lots of downside risk in making something like this.

The whole thing is a shitshow and I love it.

Ilya had quite a nice learning experience making that. He basically told me never to make a supp unless you wanted a huge headache on your hands.

Semi-related: I found a bottle of Andro in a box of my stuff from like 1999 a while back. Real talk.

lol nice. We were just joking around about Instant Focus right before I jumped on WF. I still use those pills as a threat against bad productivity.
My bottle is still almost entirely full. I've only used it twice. The stuff worked way too well. Scary well.

Love that video Berto... Great stuff.

But I've got really mixed feelings about the message...

No one should be hating on a LACK of government regulation, even in the health industry. It does seem nuts that there is no agency that does QA on supplements, but the fact is that everyone looks to the state for that purpose when it should never have been the states' job.

What the supplement industry needs is a private "consumer reports" for supplements, one that is really set up to test everything well, and when they do, companies like the ones that grace the shelves in stores like GNC should all seek to pass its' approval, because if not, the stores like GNC wouldn't want to sell them.

We can do this now; all except for the fact that the FDA exists in that space and the sheeple seem to think that the FDA still is the one to trust so why should they listen a private alternative. :mad:

Love that video Berto... Great stuff.

But I've got really mixed feelings about the message...

No one should be hating on a LACK of government regulation, even in the health industry. It does seem nuts that there is no agency that does QA on supplements, but the fact is that everyone looks to the state for that purpose when it should never have been the states' job.

What the supplement industry needs is a private "consumer reports" for supplements, one that is really set up to test everything well, and when they do, companies like the ones that grace the shelves in stores like GNC should all seek to pass its' approval, because if not, the stores like GNC wouldn't want to sell them.

We can do this now; all except for the fact that the FDA exists in that space and the sheeple seem to think that the FDA still is the one to trust so why should they listen a private alternative. :mad:

All of that exists.

If you REALLY care about what you're taking, look into cGMP certification and NSF certification:
What Is a CGMP Certification? | eHow.com
NSF Consumer Information: Benefits of NSF Certification for Consumers

MusclePharm is a hot relatively new company that calls themselves the Athlete's Company. They try to keep as much of their stuff NSF certified as possible. This basically guarantees you won't be getting a tainted product that would trigger a drug test for your sport.

And they also hemorrhage money like a newbie at PPC -- they're publicly traded:
MSLP Income Statement | MUSCLE PHARM CORP Stock - Yahoo! Finance

Most of their losses comes from sponsoring every damned UFC fighter there is, but hey you can't argue with their revenue growth if that's your thing.

Anyway, there's really not been too many long-term successful NSF certified projects. It's expensive to test that stuff. I'd rather save money and trust a few certain companies.

You and I have very similar political beliefs, and I believe that the "wild wild west" types of industries like this show that in the long run, it works and spurs innovation. When a company screws up and puts prohormone / illegal anabolics in their product, they DO get caught, and they DO get fucked hard by the community, shakedown lawyers, and competing companies (who often hire the shakedown lawyers).