Anyone into RC stuff?

I fly planes and helis. If I remember right, I think one of the mods here is into helis.

On the real note, I wouldn't mind building an RC plane and flying it at a nearby park. I would just be afraid to crash it.

On the real note, I wouldn't mind building an RC plane and flying it at a nearby park. I would just be afraid to crash it.

The hardest thing about flying is when the plane is coming towards you. The controls are reversed. Best thing to do would be to buy a good simulator. ReealFlightG5 is the best. This way you get the orientation down before you even put a plane in the air.

With that being said, you can actually get in the air for about 100 bucks. There are some nice foam planes that are pretty damn fast. I have a few foamies that go well over 80mph.

Here's a great beginner plane for 100bucks. I learned on pretty much the same thing, and broke it into a million pieces ten different times. You just hot glue it back together and you're back in the air.

EZ Hawk Electric 3 Channel RTF Brushless/Lipo Remote Control Glider Airplane (Red)

P.S. That plane will literally float in the sky. It will also tear it up. Has a great motor for fast flying once you get used to it.

Reactions: AllBizNiz
The hardest thing about flying is when the plane is coming towards you. The controls are reversed. Best thing to do would be to buy a good simulator. ReealFlightG5 is the best. This way you get the orientation down before you even put a plane in the air.

With that being said, you can actually get in the air for about 100 bucks. There are some nice foam planes that are pretty damn fast. I have a few foamies that go well over 80mph.

Here's a great beginner plane for 100bucks. I learned on pretty much the same thing, and broke it into a million pieces ten different times. You just hot glue it back together and you're back in the air.

EZ Hawk Electric 3 Channel RTF Brushless/Lipo Remote Control Glider Airplane (Red)

P.S. That plane will literally float in the sky. It will also tear it up. Has a great motor for fast flying once you get used to it.

+rep - Thanks for the info man.

Just took my first nitro rc for a spin today. Awesome... fucking awesome. It's the Forza wagon... fucked me up too. First start, throttle cable got stuck on starter cable for a nice 20 seconds of wide open throttle that I was not prepared for. Roasted a few layers of flesh off my hand and ripped a hole in my shirt, ahaha... what a n00b.

Almost got it tuned out, but it's 20 degrees out so I'm sure it will need altered this spring. So sick... I always knew i'd love a gas powered RC.

Gotta give the wife credit. I have a hard time pulling the trigger on expensive toys for myself - this thing showed up and my 3 year old spilled the beans, as it was intended for valentines day.

Just wondering if any of guys are into RC stuff i just recently go into it and pretty much hooked lol

heres what i have so far
http://hhotek.com/images/RC/losi (3).jpg
http://hhotek.com/images/RC/losi (4).jpg
http://hhotek.com/images/RC/race.jpg
http://hhotek.com/images/RC/traxxas (2).jpg
http://hhotek.com/images/RC/traxxas losi.jpg

what do you guys have?

I used to race competitively when I was young ... onroad touring cars (I had a sponsor who paid for everything). Yeah I know its gay but whatever.

Go into this video and you can see the type cars and track:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJpLUzcar3w"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

Now I have some heli's that I fly around my house. If you are going to get a heli and you are a beginner, don't make the same mistake I did and buy a faster one, buy this one and learn first:
Blade mCX S300 RTF (EFLH2300): E-flite - Advancing Electric Flight

I have crashed mine at least 50 times and broke only 1 part. Very durable.

My computer just crashed and i'm recovering all my files so i'll post pics later but I have a rustler vxl with no stock parts, custom spooling diff and a 8000mah 11.1v lipo.

Here's a video of it spinning cookies.
[ame="http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=17849404"]Cookie Monster! Video by Eli On Cloud 9 Aloisi - MySpace Video[/ame]

My newer car is a mini erevo with a full sized 540 vxl motor instead of the 340 that comes stock and two maxamps 1500mah 11.1v lipos. I have a full sized 16v mamba speed controller for it but I'm waiting till maxamps makes me the custom dual 16v 3000mah batteries. Then I don't know what'll happen...probably just explode.

as far as helis go i was in the shop where i get all my stuff and was looking at the helis and they had one that was 5 foot long or so and i asked how much it was, it was like 1200 bucks i think and i was discussing the details of it thinking i was going to buy it until a guy behind me told me that he had the same one and he has had it for 4 years and he can ALMOST hover it....from what i have seen and heard the helis are very hard

none of thsoe vids are loading for me

2 more tanks until break-in is done according to the manual.

This is the one right here - Exceed RC's Forza Green 2-Speed 4WD Nitro Gas Radio Remote Controlled RC Off-Road Buggy Car Ready to Run

what motor the rs 2.5?

Forza is part of traxxas right?

thats a really cool little buggy i see now its a 18 which may be a actual 2.5 not sure, i thought about going with a OC 18 on my truck but its fast enough and just a toy the race car is the losi mini late model, kinda funny the race car has only cost me about 400 so far and the truck i have well over a grand in its addictive as hell

as far as helis go i was in the shop where i get all my stuff and was looking at the helis and they had one that was 5 foot long or so and i asked how much it was, it was like 1200 bucks i think and i was discussing the details of it thinking i was going to buy it until a guy behind me told me that he had the same one and he has had it for 4 years and he can ALMOST hover it....from what i have seen and heard the helis are very hard

none of thsoe vids are loading for me

Yeah, helis are about 100 times harder than flying planes. I'm pretty sick with planes, but I put my heli into the ground more than a few times and can pretty much only hover and do some forward flight.

If you want to get into helis, check this out: Exceed RC 2.4Ghz Falcon 40 V2

If you want to fly in your house, check this out: http://www.xheli.com/wadrla4chmer.html

--The heli will hover hands off, pretty much. Very easy to fly and you'll have a hard time breaking it.

I've been flying 7 years:

If you want a heli get a Horizon Hobby: Blade mCX RTF by E-flite (EFLH2200)

If you want a plane get Horizon Hobby: Mini Super Cub RTF by HobbyZone (HBZ4800)

I've taught DOZENS of people how to fly and I can tell you the cheap xheli stuff is shit. It breaks, you have to wait for parts, no shops support it, etc.

Here's me screwing around:

2009 EF Expo - Josh Ziering - RC Plane Videos on Vimeo

And here's me having to work for it to save one of my big gas airplanes when the engine deicded to un-one-itself (~25 pounds)

Josh Ziering flying at the 2008 EVA Pattern Contest - RC Plane Videos on Vimeo

If you want a plane get Horizon Hobby: Mini Super Cub RTF by HobbyZone (HBZ4800)

I've taught DOZENS of people how to fly and I can tell you the cheap xheli stuff is shit. It breaks, you have to wait for parts, no shops support it, etc.

And here's me having to work for it to save one of my big gas airplanes when the engine deicded to un-one-itself (~25 pounds)

Good advice on the heli and mini cub. I have both and they are great for beginners.

Dude, you got skilzz ! For those that have never done it. RC flying is waaaay harder than it looks. I have crashed too many planes to count.

Good advice on the heli and mini cub. I have both and they are great for beginners.

Dude, you got skilzz ! For those that have never done it. RC flying is waaaay harder than it looks. I have crashed too many planes to count.

Thanks. Having had to teach myself to fly r/c I'll say that having the right stuff makes all the difference. Hrozion, the company that supports all this stuff, is the BEST when it comes to tech support. Any problems, send it back, get a fixed or new piece. (Not counting if you crash it)