Anyone have a CarFax account and willing to do me a favor?

nickCR

Feb 5, 2010
CR
Looking at a car that is here in Costa Rica but it was originally imported from the USA and I need carfax run on some VINs.

Anyone have an account and willing to help out?

Protip:

You can list up to 6 vehicles per year on Ebay Motors Local Classified

It doesn't matter if your purchasing and not selling, it will still run the history report and then you can close the listing

Reactions: Beach Affiliate
You can list up to 6 vehicles per year on Ebay Motors Local Classified

It doesn't matter if your purchasing and not selling, it will still run the history report and then you can close the listing

If that actually works, it's a pretty badass tip. +rep

I can verify this works. It's not "Carfax" but "AutoChex" which is basically the same thing.

This is why you do a CarFax!

The car is advertised for sale with 56,000 miles. CarFax shows 96,000 BEFORE export to Costa Rica. So they turned back the clock the cock suckers. The guy said he put 10,000 miles on it roughly, so that's about 106,000 - 110,000 miles which is a fuck load.

What kind of car are you buying? It's difficult to "roll back" mileage on modern cars. I'm not saying it can't be done, but its not as easy as pulling the glass off and rolling it back with your finger like the old cars.

Suzuki Grand Vitara V6. Believe me bro, these guys are very resourceful here. If you know someone in the agency, you can get the change made without to much trouble.