Anyone else suddenly billed by myspace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatmasta

Jan 7, 2007
NYC
I haven't logged into MySpace in a month, until today when I got an email of a charge on my credit card. Looks like MySpace is taking some billing liberties. I got charged $90 on one account and $130 on another. Completely out of the blue.

Anyone else experiencing this? If you haven't advertised on MS in a wihle I suggest you check your card.

Talk to your bank manager immediately!

Hi, you need to get that sorted quickly, it can be a mistake, the site taking advantage or someone trying to steal your money. Never give away your credit card details unless you fully trust the site!!

one thing to remember about myspace billing is that it is like google and bills you when you reach a specific threshold. If you don't meet your individual threshold during a certain period of time they will charge you your outstanding balance.

Not saying it wasnt a mistake because they certainly do it, but they dont bill daily like facebook.

Yes this happened to me, they told me about the threshold but it was two totally abstract amounts like 700 and 300 I'm sure it was the daily threshold. I contacted them. They said they would get back to me. That was like two months ago

Myspace are the fucking worst when it comes to billing.

Over reporting with '3rd party tracking' and $100 a minute bombardments.

They need to fuckin bull doze that platform and rebuild it again, because its so buggy and fucked.

For the support I usually get canned stuff unless I email some one directly.

Yea, I don't know whats up with Myspace but i had like 600 clicks that came from MyAds without a single clickthrough from my landing page to the offer. The page was rolling at 29% CTR (from LP to offer) for two weeks with the same ads and demos. For some reason it seems like they send bursts of BS clicks.

Yes this happened to me, they told me about the threshold but it was two totally abstract amounts like 700 and 300 I'm sure it was the daily threshold. I contacted them. They said they would get back to me. That was like two months ago

I don't think it's the threshold because I was already charged for about the right amount (even a little more). If it is, that's fucking bullshit. They told me they are researching my account - if they aren't back to me Monday night I'm going to reverse the charges.

I also got randomly billed twice by myspace out of the blue on accounts I have not used in months. The amount wasn't very much so I never contacted them. I did find it kind of odd though.

Hello,

You were charged for clicks your campaigns received while they were active.
Thank You for your participation in MySpace myAds Beta

Thank you,
MySpace.com

Fuckers.

This is going to be a hassle...

yea I didn't even bother going after them, I had to get credits last time. That flash system is very unstable. I don't know why they use that.

In october or nov, I can't really remember. I went through all my accounts and paused all of my campaigns. I get a charge for like 1200 extra out of no where. I go into the account and a campaign was running. I had taken the lander down and paused every single campaign in the account. The campaign disappeared it was wacky. I called this I think his name is del smith from myspace and after about 30 days of dicking around on the phone they credited the money from the date I paused everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.