Anyone been invited to YPN recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinSVT

Resident Post Whore
Jun 24, 2006
Just curious.. I've applied with a site or two, no luck yet.

I've heard rumors about them not accepting forum/arcade based websites... said they had to many? Anyone put any fact to this rumor?

And I dont know if I should of used "accepted" or "invited" in the thread title... hope you know what I mean.

I got accepted about half a year ago but I'm not too happy with it.
$ per click is higher than adsense but I really don't like their interface. I'm using a 30mbit ethernet line and their page takes forever to load.
Also they didn't have any ads that fit my site genre, so my computer-related page was showing morgage ads. Even after doing SEO their ads were still completely irrelevant, so I swapped them for adsense.

I submitted one of my digg-like sites about 2 weeks ago. Not a word yet.

I've been rejected recently (last month or two), probably because of the type of site I applied with.

Applied about a month ago and still haven't heard yet. Was hoping to get the chance to try YPN before they got out of beta, but Im not having much hope with it.

I had invites a while back, wiped my computer and never saved the emails. Since i'm in the UK I can't join, but people are selling and offering invites for $500 and more, shame I had computer problems.

I'm out of US, so no YPN for me yet. I've heard good things about it and a good number of arcade sites earns a decent amount of money with it.

I was accpected about a year ago, but I didn't really like their service. Sure people may say that Yahoo offers a higher CPC, but that does me no good when the ads that they place on my site have nothing to do with the content and, therefore, visitors will never click. I pulled Yahoo after about a 3-month trial with 0 profits and went back to the .01 - .05 cents a click at Google. At least they are on-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.