Any reviews of Prosper 1.5.1?

wickedjugg

Jan 10, 2010
I'm still on Prosper 1.3.2 and has been hesitant about updating after it got bought over. Now that Wes is back, I'm thinking about coming back to Prosper, anybody tried the latest version?

I tried Bevo but I burnt about $150 yesterday before realizing it wasn't redirecting properly.

No hate here, I know it's probably my own fault but I'm just considering a move back to Prosper since that's what I'm familiar with.

Would like to hear you guys' thoughts about the latest version.

ran with it yesterday doing 1200+ clicks/hr plus a landing page
for ~8hrs non-stop and it worked fine
on a VPS with 768MB ram

We have a new release coming shortly, 1.6 will fix a lot of the bugs. And be faster again than 1.5.1, don't download 1.5.1 yet, wait like 5 more days:

We have a new release coming shortly, 1.6 will fix a lot of the bugs. And be faster again than 1.5.1, don't download 1.5.1 yet, wait like 5 more days:
Hey Wes. Thanks for sharing such a god dam awesome tracker for free. :bowdown:

What are your thoughts on bevo?

Why would you ask his thoughts on a competing tracking system?

Actually, both Ryan and Wes are so awesome I suspect they respect each other as competitors.

Would be interesting to hear each's critique of "the competition" :)

By the way, @wes I'll wait.

What the fuck do you expect him to say? Hey, use his tool because we are good buddies and also because I'm a stupid businessman.

What the fuck do you expect him to say? Hey, use his tool because we are good buddies and also because I'm a stupid businessman.

For instance..

"His interface is more suitable for PPV guys, mine is more catered to media buyers."

Or even

"His product completely sucks BECAUSE it doesn't YYY."

Or

"My product sucked for a while because I was away from the company. Now that I'm back, I will YYY."

Or a whole ton of other subjective issues

If you are able to guess what their comments would be, then their comments will no longer be valuable.

Hey Wes are 1.3.2 users going to be able to upgrade directly to 1.6 or do we have to do 1.5 then 1.6?

how did you all get accepted to bevo, i've been waiting for like a month. if bevo wasn't released i'd get set up on lambda tracker, looks unreal and kinda flew under the radar

Haha!

Thanks guys for the comments, they are great. comments like theses help us continually push and build more updates for you guys.

What do I think about bevo?

Bevo is cool, Ryan seems like a cool guy from when I've talked with him. Bevo has some cool features, although I think integrating with everything is a large challenge and it's the reason some of their stuff has taken longer to build than 202. I've had a lot of pain trying to integrate with everything with Tracking202 Pro (now discontinued) & stats202. I like their integration with google analytics.

Tracking202 will get this next update 1.6, it'll fix a-lot of stuff and be good for awhile. After that if we keep doing updates, we may consider re-writing the whole thing although. I built Tracking202 3 years ago when I didn't know how to code at all, surprisingly it's still the leader. If we were to re-code it it'd be really sweet, but I fear about putting to many features in it and making it harder to use.

I guess we'll see. 1.6 should be done shortly. It fixes about ~8 bugs, dramatically speeds up the redirects (it should have no problem scaling to 400k+ clicks/day) on a nice box. I finally figured out a solution to make it so much faster this week, I've known what the problem is but I didn't know how to fix it. It's taking a lot of time off and looking at other systems to finally come up with a scalable solution for the "old" codebase.

Thanks for the offer to beta-test, I might take ya up on that soon. The release is done, but I'm just doing some final tweaks to make sure it works. I'll send you it shortly (1-3 days).

Haha!

Thanks guys for the comments, they are great. comments like theses help us continually push and build more updates for you guys.

What do I think about bevo?

Bevo is cool, Ryan seems like a cool guy from when I've talked with him. Bevo has some cool features, although I think integrating with everything is a large challenge and it's the reason some of their stuff has taken longer to build than 202. I've had a lot of pain trying to integrate with everything with Tracking202 Pro (now discontinued) & stats202. I like their integration with google analytics.

Tracking202 will get this next update 1.6, it'll fix a-lot of stuff and be good for awhile. After that if we keep doing updates, we may consider re-writing the whole thing although. I built Tracking202 3 years ago when I didn't know how to code at all, surprisingly it's still the leader. If we were to re-code it it'd be really sweet, but I fear about putting to many features in it and making it harder to use.

I guess we'll see. 1.6 should be done shortly. It fixes about ~8 bugs, dramatically speeds up the redirects (it should have no problem scaling to 400k+ clicks/day) on a nice box. I finally figured out a solution to make it so much faster this week, I've known what the problem is but I didn't know how to fix it. It's taking a lot of time off and looking at other systems to finally come up with a scalable solution for the "old" codebase.

Thanks for the offer to beta-test, I might take ya up on that soon. The release is done, but I'm just doing some final tweaks to make sure it works. I'll send you it shortly (1-3 days).

Heh P202 is good but would be 100x better and more scalable for the future if you recoded the whole thing and made it to be more object oriented.

Heh P202 is good but would be 100x better and more scalable for the future if you recoded the whole thing and made it to be more object oriented.

Yes I agree lol, I diddn't even barely know what object oriented was when I started. Thats why it's all procedural heh

I'm sure we could put together a "group buy" and buy you a few hundred coder hours in order to help you push out a new version quickly and with the right team behind you to do the grind work.
Interesting idea?