Any recommendations for crossplatform development?

sasquatch

May 14, 2007
I need to create a new business app for my company. It needs to run desktop, android or IOS.

Any recommendations on a development package, preferably low cost or open source. Thanks.

Qt Project

Free, widely used, well tested & proven, previously owned by Nokia. Good to go.

Oh, and easy to learn, plus huge community. Whenever you get stumped, just Google it, and 99.5% of the time the question has already been asked on StackExchange and has the answer you're looking for.

I've heard of PhoneGap being a decent way to achieve this goal, but I haven't used it personally.

I've leaned a lot more towards using web technology to create native-like app experiences for mobile users. I'm sure there are some good reasons to create native apps, but I have yet to run into a situation where developing a native app made more sense than using web technology for an application on the web.

I've heard of PhoneGap being a decent way to achieve this goal, but I haven't used it personally.

I've leaned a lot more towards using web technology to create native-like app experiences for mobile users. I'm sure there are some good reasons to create native apps, but I have yet to run into a situation where developing a native app made more sense than using web technology for an application on the web.

Client has a Buddypress site and I'm using Apppresser (which connects off of PhoneGap) to build it. So far really easy process and end result looks like it's going to be awesome.

Boy there's a lot more development platforms for this than I thought. I found a couple of comparison sites.

My app needs to be able to enter customer information, create work orders as well as create purchase orders for materials and push work order status updates to the customers cell.

If anyone has used any of these platforms and can recommend which ones or which ones to stay away from would be great.

I like xamarin but it's probably way more than you need for your little work order app.

Build a web app and wrap it in phonegap or appcelerator. I mean you could have a simple back end web form with a dropdown for your various template forms/work orders, then simply fill it out and submit it to a php script on your server that adds it's data to a db and emails a copy to the customer's phone.

With it in the db the customer can access the order to update it or whatever.