Any reason I wouldn't want organic traffic to my LP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacktastic

Whats blacker than black?
Dec 13, 2006
On the web (and in shadows)
Getting ready to launch an offer and the LP is pretty long so it could end up snagging a little traffic for some long tail terms.

I'm not doing anything sketchy on the LP (at least not yet) and blocking my affiliate redirects via robots, so is there any particular reason I would want to orphan the page from the rest of the site? I'm tracking keywords from the ad network so organic traffic wouldn't be counted there.

Using robots.txt to control where googlebot travels to... so blocking off his redirect pages so they don't get indexed or seen as affiliate links

right - I'm blocking the affiliate links w/ my robots in case that has any possibility of affecting my bid price.

So my question is are there any cases where if a person isn't doing anything like cloaking, iframing, etc. where they would not want organic traffic accidentally coming to their LP. Reason I ask is that most landing pages I see don't end up in the regular rotation on sites. If they convert and for some reason draw traffic, then should't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.